John Spendluffe Technology College is a successful, non-selective, converter secondary Academy situated in the market town of Alford, in Lincolnshire. We are a school with an ethos that every child really does matter.
Due to illness, our previous Headteacher has taken early retirement due to ill health. The Governors are seeking to appoint someone with the experience and ambition to lead the school on to the next stage of its development.
- an experienced secondary school headteacher or member of a senior leadership team?
- keen to work collaboratively with staff, students, governors and the local community?
- skilled in terms of leadership, mangement, innovation and communication?
- a motivator of people?
- willing to show a strong commitment to building on our present examination and Ofsted successes?
JSTC provides an expansive curriculum of individualised learning, in which students of all abilities are encouraged to achieve their full potential. GCSE results have been consistently strong in recent years and it is expected that the new Headteacher will demonstrate effective strategies to maintain and improve on recent performances in the years ahead.
We are looking for a charismatic, innovative and versatile senior leader who demonstrates:
- the energy, drive and enthusiasmto build on current strengths and develop new ones;
- the ability to nurture our culture of high aspirations and expectations of staff and students;
- the ability to focus consistently on putting personalised learning at the heart of the community;
- warmth, flexibility, creativity, a sense of humour and a sense of perspective;
- the achievement, development and welfare of students as your main priority;
Closing date: 17:00 hours on Wednesday 19th September 2018
Provisional Interview Dates: Thursday 27th & Friday 28th September 2018
JSTC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people in their care. We expect all of our staff, governors, contractors and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Disclosure. Therefore, the successful candidate will be required to adhere to this process.
If you would like an informal conversation please feel free to contact Jon Treasure, Clerk to Governors by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack and further details please contact the Clerk to Governors, Jon Treasure at John Spendluffe Technology College, Hanby Lane, Alford, Lincolnshire, LN13 9BL, direct on 01507 462443 or email email@example.com