Children, Staff, Parents and Governors of Bell Lane Primary School and Children’s Centre are looking for a creative, inspirational, ambitious and determined Head teacher, with an unwavering belief that all children can be the very best versions of themselves and strive for excellence!
Bell Lane Primary School and Children’s Centre represents a hugely diverse community where everyone is valued and respected. Ofsted judged our school to be requires improvement in February 2018; we are working hard to address our focus areas and have made huge improvements. We are very proud that Ofsted thought our “Pupils are welcoming to new pupils and respect each other’s differences. They are proud of their school and kind to each other” and that “Staff are committed to ensuring that pupils’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural well-being is developed well.” Ofsted, February 2018.
Our ideal candidate will be a senior leader with a variety of experience, understanding and passion for outstanding teaching and learning across Early Years and primary key stages.
We are looking for someone who has:
- proven strategic leadership and management skills in a senior leadership position;
- an excellent track record of continuous school improvement;
- the ability to respond strategically to the rapidly changing primary education environment and an excellent grasp of the wider educational landscape;
- passion, enthusiasm and energy to develop a varied and exciting curriculum catering for all the children’s needs in partnership with staff, pupils, parents, carers and governors;
- the ability to encourage, support and develop teachers, guiding them to become outstanding;
- high expectations of pupil behaviours, their achievements, and the need to ensure they reach their full potential;
- the desire and ability to maintain the Bell Lane values and our nurturing, respectful and welcoming environment for pupils, staff and the extended school community;
- an understanding of the importance of promoting the principles of inclusion and safeguarding.
Our children want their new Head teacher to be: Quotes from Year 6 children
“Patient, kind, caring, fun”
“firm, nice, friendly”
“keep children safe and happy”
“to understand how children feel.”
“an excellent role model”
Informal visits are warmly welcomed on:
Wednesday 13 March 2019 at 9.30am
Monday 18 March 2019 at 2pm
Thursday 21 March 2019 at 9.30am
To book, please contact the school office – 020 8203 3115 or email@example.com
Deadline for applications: Friday 22 March 2019 at noon
Shortlisting: Monday 25 March 2019
Interviews: Monday 1 April and Tuesday 2 April 2019
Information packs and application forms are available from the school office 020 8203 3115 or firstname.lastname@example.org and on the school website: http://www.belllaneprimaryschool.co.uk/
Bell Lane Primary School and Children’s Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to promoting equality and social inclusion.