The Olive Tree Primary School opened in September 2013 and continues to be highly popular with parents with a waiting list being maintained by Bolton Council. We provide all our pupils with an outstanding education and promote excellence in all aspects of school life as confirmed by Ofsted in July 2015. A section 48 Ofsted Inspection in April 2017 also confirmed that the school is outstanding in all areas. This was reaffirmed by an in year independent external inspection. We endeavor to ensure that all pupils in our care develop into confident individuals, responsible citizens and successful learners. School leadership, teachers, support staff, together with parents, ensure:
• Respect for excellence – High expectations, aspirations and spirit of excellence.
• Personalised Learning and Success – with an understanding that every individual is unique and special, the school nurtures, supports and develops individuals using the latest technology to achieve and succeed.
The aim and vision of the board is to support the school’s ‘Believe You Can’ mission statement, always acting in the best interest of the children, providing appropriate support and challenge. It is the intention of the board to develop the use of leading technologies in teaching and learning, growing the organisation and becoming a global leader in education.
The school has an Islamic religious character inspired by the origins of the Muslim faith. Through the values of Islam, we develop the core universal principles of equality, fairness, peace, compassion, trust and respect for all people through the school ethos, and a belief that we are all part of, and are contributing to, something far greater than ourselves. Our values complement the promotion of the fundamental British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs. These values are evident in the behaviour and relationships between all pupils, staff and the wider stakeholders in the school.
The school promotes mutual respect between pupils, building self-confidence in each child and creating an atmosphere of collaborative learning and a reflective community with strong values underpinned by the teachings of the Islamic faith. Striving for the highest possible standards of attainment sits comfortable alongside this ethos of mutual support and understanding. Relationships are characterised by self-confidence and mutual respect.
The Board of Governors seek to appoint an inspirational and committed leader who can deliver the Trusts vision. The successful candidate will be passionate about promoting the school’s already excellent standards of teaching and learning. The school holds a number of awards and certifications (details can be found on the school’s website). Governors have high expectations for our children and we are committed to providing a rich and vibrant curriculum. The school has a number of international links and works with educators from many different parts of the world.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:
• Is able to communicate and drive a clear strategic vision for the school to enhance its current effectiveness
• Is dedicated to delivering a rich, broad and balanced curriculum
• Is capable of setting high expectations for all learners
• Will continue to develop innovation through the use of technology enhanced learning
• Strives to raise standards through exceptional leadership and management
• Works collaboratively, inspiring all members of the school community
• Is visible and accessible, and able to engage positively with our diverse parent community
• Has a firm commitment to pupil well-being and resilience
• Who will continue to develop the school’s long tradition of inclusivity and local community engagement
In return we will offer the successful candidate:
• Happy, confident and enthusiastic children who enjoy school
• A cohesive team of dedicated and hardworking staff who are fully committed to the school and its pupils and keen to continue to drive the school on an upward trajectory
• A fully supportive, motivated and skilled governing body who will work effectively in partnership with you
• A commitment to supporting children with SEND
• A well-resourced, well-maintained school with a sound budget
• Strong links to local and international schools
• Friday afternoon CPD for all staff, children go home at 12:20pm
• The school is a Regional Training Centre
If you are passionate about education and are seeking an exciting career opportunity, The Olive Tree Primary School would welcome your application.
People of all faiths and none are welcome to apply. Interested candidates should send their CV, a completed application form and covering letter to the school.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.