Help us fulfil our mission statement: ‘Joyfully, unique in Jesus’s family, we learn to use our special gifts to love, serve and make the world a better place.’
Due to restructure, the Governors, staff and children of our popular and highly regarded coastal school are seeking to appoint a dynamic and an inspirational headteacher with effect from January 2020. The person appointed will need to be a practicing Catholic who is able to sustain and develop the Catholic character of the school. They will need to be totally committed, highly motivated, and passionate to lead our dedicated staff team.
Our school is currently rated by Ofsted as GOOD, but has several outstanding features, as recently identified by OFSTED in our short inspection November 2018. The inspector said:
“Pupils say that they are proud to attend Corpus Christi. They clearly enjoy a range of curriculum subjects and speak highly of the quality of teaching they receive. They show excellent attitudes to learning and strong understanding of their school’s values, which ‘help us to realise what to do and how to behave’. Older pupils help to make lunchtime sessions inclusive and enjoyable in their roles as ‘caring cadets’ and sports leaders.”
This is a great opportunity for a strong and effective leader to make a significant impact and contribute at a school which places its children at the centre of all it does.
In our welcoming and happy school, we are seeking a headteacher who:
- Will inspire and motivate our staff and pupils while making them feel valued and supported
- Will maintain the caring, respectful and inclusive ethos of the school
- Will deliver the ratified Vision Strategy
- Holds high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- Has a proven track record in raising standards and improving outcomes for children
- Will continue to build our school culture and curriculum based on gospel values, which takes account of the richness and diversity of the school community
We can offer you:
- A professional career opportunity to lead a highly successful, vibrant thriving school
- A chance to innovate, initiate new thinking and introduce new ways of working
- Enthusiastic and dedicated staff who are committed to developing the unique potential of each and every pupil
- Happy and resilient pupils, who are positive about learning
- Supportive colleagues, parents, Governors and Church community
- Well resourced and maintained school and site
“A skilled and passionate team of leaders supports [Exec Head], well and shares your vision and purpose. Leaders’ priorities are well balanced between providing the best care for pupils and holding high expectations for their achievement.” OFSTED ‘18
“Governors share [Exec Head] passion for the school and provide strong challenge and support for leaders. They are highly reflective and use feedback from a range of sources including the local authority, parents and staff, as well as the school’s own performance information, to set priorities for improvement. They challenge leaders about the use of additional funding for disadvantaged pupils, so that gaps between their progress and that of other pupils nationally continue to diminish.” OFSTED ‘18
We would warmly encourage prospective candidates to visit our school to meet Governors, pupils and staff at work. All enquiries to Susan Solly, School Business Manager via the school office on 01202 427544 to arrange a convenient date and time. Please request the Headteacher information pack from Susan Solly, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is Friday 4th October at midday. Please email your application to email@example.com or send to Susan Solly, Corpus Christi Primary School, St James Sq, Boscombe, BH5 2BX
Interviews: 2 day process, 17th and 18th October 2019
Corpus Christi Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will require an enhanced DBS. References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview.