St Mary Redcliffe C.E Primary School is an established two form entry primary school in the heart of the Windmill Hill district of Central Bristol which became part of The Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust on 1st July, 2017. Following an Ofsted judgement of Special Measures in October 2016, the school’s development is well underway with the school already making good progress, with the potential to be outstanding under your leadership.
We seek a dynamic senior leader, who is passionate about ensuring that each pupil fulfils their unique potential, and has a commitment to the whole school community. You will work closely and collaboratively with the other DBAT Principals and the central team to build a centre of excellence. You will be absolutely vital in further developing the school ethos, excellent standards of teaching and learning, and a culture where everyone is highly valued and encouraged to achieve their potential. You will have a clear educational vision that you can share with the Local Board of Governors, staff, pupils and all our partners. You will be well supported in your own career and contribute to the future development of the Trust. You need to have proven leadership skills and be ready to lead a large and complex school. You will develop your leadership abilities further with the school and within the Diocese of Bristol Academies Trust, taking advantage of a professional development community that shares practice, commits to mutual support and provides enhanced career opportunities through partnerships with other DBAT schools in diverse urban and rural contexts.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic leader who:
- promotes achieving outstanding outcomes and rapid progress through excellent standards of teaching and learning; and through a thorough knowledge of how children learn;
- demonstrates exceptional inter-personal skills;
- collaborates effectively with others;
- is highly organised, self-motivated and innovative;
- will understand and promote the Christian values and principles of the Academy (currently rated ‘Good’ by SIAMS)
We are excited to offer you:
- children who are enthusiastic about their learning, highly creative and diverse in background
- the opportunity to make this school the best it has ever been and highly sought after
- an enthusiastic staff team, focussed on building an outstanding learning community;
- a supportive and challenging Multi-Academy Trust that will value and develop you as part of our family of academies;
- a strong Christian ethos that is values led where all children and staff can flourish.
For an informal conversation about this role contact John.Swainston@bristoldiocese.org or Jeremy.Piper@bristoldiocese.org on 0117 906 0100. To arrange a visit to St Mary Redcliffe C.E Primary School, please contact the Chair of Governors by email on firstname.lastname@example.org marking your email ‘Private and Confidential: For the Attention of Julia Chapman, Chair of Local Board. Visits to the school are very much welcomed and will be organised on request.