“Stop teaching me and help me to learn” – could you lead a school with an innovative approach focused on enquiry-based independent learning?
Due to the forthcoming retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governing Body of Hemingford Grey Primary School wish to appoint an inspirational, forward-thinking and motivated leader who will be able to build upon the success of our school and will continue to improve and innovate. Life at Hemingford is underpinned by the phrase Together Everyone Achieves More. Children, staff, parents, carers, governors and members of the community work together to provide an environment in which every child can flourish socially, emotionally and academically. Our unique learning model has been developed by drawing upon outstanding practice our senior leaders have seen elsewhere, research by educationalists and experience with our own children. We are looking for a new Headteacher who is enthused and excited by our model and has the vision to develop it further.
The successful applicant will be an outstanding practitioner with a proven track record of successful leadership and management with a commitment and vision to continue to develop all aspects of the school. We are looking for somebody who:
• has excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, listen to and inspire children, staff, parents and the wider community, and build long lasting partnerships;
• is an excellent networker, able to seek out best practice and new ideas;
• is able to lead the school strategically in our continued development;
• has a thorough understanding of what makes learning successful and how to develop a broad, rich curriculum;
• is fully committed to promoting a school culture where the welfare and safeguarding of children is paramount.
In return, the School offers:
• children whose learning behaviour is excellent and whose love of learning is infectious;
• a vibrant, friendly and well-resourced environment which has been adapted to reflect our unique approach to learning and in which every child can flourish;
• supportive and committed staff, dedicated to helping children’s academic, social and emotional development;
• great opportunities for professional and personal development;
• a ‘continues to be good’ Ofsted rating (June 2018)
Visits to our school are encouraged, and warmly welcomed. To arrange a visit, any time after 6th September, contact the school office on 01480 375040, email: email@example.com. For further information about our school, please visit our website http:/www.hemingfordgrey.cambs.sch.uk and any questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 9.00 am Tuesday 18th September 2018
Shortlisting will take place on: 18th September 2018
Interviews will take place on: 24th and 25th September 2018
Hemingford Grey Primary School is an equal opportunities employer. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to pre-employment checks including a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.