Permanent: We will consider flexible working arrangements
The Governors at The Spinney Primary School are looking for an energetic educator who will lead our school with vision, passion and positivity. Are you ready to come and join us and inspire our children to learn? We are looking for an innovative thinker who will inspire and lead the team on our journey beyond outstanding.
The Spinney Primary School is a community school in every sense of the word. We are a committed school and community, not only to every child reaching their full potential but for everyone involved to encompass our “love to learn” ethos.
Our successful candidate will be capable of recognising / coaching excellent teaching with a relentless drive for an unparalleled learning environment in the school. The right candidate will either be a current headteacher or dynamic deputy looking for their next challenge in education.
We are looking for a Headteacher who:
- demonstrates strong and fair leadership skills;
- can maximise improvement opportunities;
- is approachable and nurturing towards staff, families and children;
- is an inspirational leader with the energy and vision to continue raising standards across the whole curriculum;
- will be inclusive, passionate and creative about teaching and learning, and believes in the potential and wellbeing of all children and staff;
- has a strong sense of purpose and drive to build resilience and exemplary behaviour within our children;
- will work alongside governors to ensure their impact on school priorities and continued effective leadership of the school;
- is resourceful and adept at identifying additional revenue streams; and
- will continue to build community and parental engagement.
We can offer you:
- An exciting challenge and opportunity to lead and further develop our outstanding school;
- The opportunity to work with a committed staff and Governing Body, keen to continue to further develop the school’s enormous potential;
- Pupils with positive attitudes to learning, who are hardworking, caring and proud to attend their school;
- A school judged as Outstanding by Ofsted (2008); and
- A leadership and staff team with a commitment to continued improvement.
Pay range: This vacancy is for a Headteacher to start in September 2020. The salary is in the range L15 – 21 (£57,986 - £66,517).
Closing date for applications: Thursday 2nd April at 9:00am. Any applications received after this date, or late by email will not be accepted. Previous applicants need not reapply.
Shortlisting of applications: This will take place on Tuesday 7th April with successful candidates being contacted for interview as soon as possible afterwards. References will be sought at this stage. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified.
Interviews: Tuesday 21st April (Day 1) and Wednesday 22nd April (Day 2) 2020. Successful candidates from Day 1 will be notified that they have been shortlisted for Day 2 of the selection process by 6pm on Day 1. Panel decision: Candidates will be informed of the final outcome by 7pm on Thursday 23rd April.
Completed applications should be emailed to email@example.com
Further information: Please visit our school website www.spinney.cambs.sch.uk which gives a range of information, including links to school performance tables, the 2008 OfSTED inspection report and other information about our school.
If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact the Chair of Governors Shakila Bukhari, via the school email firstname.lastname@example.org
We warmly invite you to visit the school and welcome any questions. Please contact Sarah Jelliman – School Business Manager, on (01223) 568836 if you would like to arrange a visit accompanied by one of our governors.
We are an inclusive and equal opportunities employer and recruit based on talent.
Commitment to safeguarding: The Governing Body and Cambridgeshire County Council are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young persons, and Headteachers must ensure that the highest priority is given to following guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The Spinney’s safeguarding and safer recruitment policies can be found on the policies page of our website. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to share this commitment.