Parkside Community School is a good school with sustained improvement. The school has now achieved three years of record breaking GCSE results which have exceeded national averages and placed the school in the upper quartiles nationally across a number of areas. This is an exciting time to join the school; in 2017 we were ranked the highest performing school for progress in Derbyshire.
We are looking for a new Headteacher who is able to lead the school in sustaining improvements and able to take the school further in its journey to excellence. GCSE success at Parkside has increased the school’s popularity in Chesterfield and offered parents in the locality more choice when making decisions about secondary schooling.
The Headteacher is supported by a committed and high quality team of teaching, support staff and an aspirational Governing Body that provides support and challenge.
Have you the strategic vision, ambition and proven track record to deliver excellence?
Governors are seeking to appoint an outstanding leader and strategic thinker who has:
- A deep knowledge and understanding of current developments in teaching and learning to sustain and develop student progress and the raising of achievement
- The ability to motivate, challenge and engage collaboratively with the school stakeholders to ensure the highest levels of achievement
- The skills to manage change effectively
- The presence to be an influential ambassador in the local and wider community
- The ability to translate our vision into positive outcomes.
Visits to the school by arrangement are warmly welcomed – please contact us on 01246 273458.
Please also visit our website for further details of the school – www.parkside.derbyshire.sch.uk.
Committed to safeguarding the welfare of our pupils.
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 13 September 2018
Interviews: 25, 26 and 27 September 2018
Further details and an application pack are available online at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/jobs or Call Derbyshire on 08456 058058 quoting Job Reference DCC/18/1203A. PLEASE NOTE: Due to scheduled technical work, the DCC Jobs Website will not be available between 22 July 2018 and early August. Once the system has been updated, this post will have a new Job Reference number.