We are passionate about learning, ambitious for improvement and forward-thinking - are you?
Following the retirement of the current post holder, the Governors, staff and pupils of the Dulwich Wood Federation are looking for a headteacher who will lead us from "Good" to "Outstanding".
Our federation comprises the Dulwich Wood Primary School, Dulwich Wood Nursery School and Aardvark Children's Centres, working together in conjunction with Southwark Education Authority. Both the primary school and the nursery school have recently been judged "good" by Ofsted.
We aim to nurture, support and educate children from birth to the start of their secondary education. We have a highly professional teaching team, children from a diverse range of backgrounds who are enthusiastic learners, and a supportive and engaged community.
Our new leader will channel all this positive energy into the common purpose of building on prior success and continuing our journey towards excellence.
We are looking for an applicant who
- has experience across the primary sector
- demonstrates strong leadership skills and has a forward and outward thinking vision for Dulwich Wood Federation
- will embrace the opportunities of working across the three parts of the Federation
- shares our aspirations for the success of our pupils and has high expectations
- empowers, motivates and inspires others
- is an effective communicator
- can manage time and administrative tasks effectively maintains and nurtures the strong relationships with parents and the local community
- has a calm, resilient and empathetic approach
What you can expect from us
- happy children who are motivated to learn
- staff who are loyal to the Federation and who work creatively
- excellent buildings and exceptional outdoor areas
- parents who are engaged in their children's learning, a supportive governing body and local authority
- the opportunity to be creative in a unique setting
- the opportunity to actively engage in your continued professional development
Applicants will be warmly welcomed to visit the school from 25 September. Please telephone Lucia Taylor, Business Manager to arrange this - 020 8670 5470.
Interviews will take place on 19 and 20 October 2017