Our children would like a Headteacher who is a good listener, will be firm but fair, and will help them make good choices. They also want someone who will continue to develop the range of clubs and extra-curricular activities, support children with difficulties and who has fun with them!
As you can see the children of Long Bennington are passionate about their school. Our community benefits from a highly committed, nurturing group of talented and dynamic staff, engaging and proactive parents, and a dedicated, forward-thinking governing body.
Due to promotion, the Governors of Long Bennington wish to appoint an inspirational, enthusiastic, motivated and organised Headteacher.
We can offer:
- Wonderful, enthusiastic children who are committed to their learning
- Passionate and committed teaching and support staff
- A forward-looking governing body, an active Friends of School Association and very supportive parents
- An active learning environment to enable children to be the best they can be
- A vibrant church school in a unique setting, at the heart of the village community
- A supportive and innovative network of local primary schools
You will need to have:
- the highest expectations for children’s attainment, personal development and behaviour
- a clear vision of excellence in primary education with the ability to think strategically and lead the school through the next exciting phase of its development
- proven leadership with evidence of strategic understanding and embedding of new initiatives
- an understanding of effective management and an ability to empower and develop a team of dedicated staff
- a desire to develop and nurture strong working relationships with pupils, staff, families and school partners
- a will to promote a Christian ethos and inclusive values
If you are energetic, with the drive and passion to develop us both academically and pastorally, we would love to hear from you!
Closing date: 9th January 2019
Anticipated interview date: 24th January 2019
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. To book a visit or receive an application pack, please contact Mrs. Jane Romans, Office Administrator on 01400 281353 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be sent to the Chair of Governors as indicated in the Recruitment Pack and on the Application Form.
- Recruitment Pack (including Letter from Chair of Governors, School Information, Job Description, Person Specification)
- Application Form
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.