“Aiming high. Reaching our potential”
Kilham is a successful and happy rural village school. There are currently 128 full-time pupils (with 11 more accessing nursery provision) split into 5 mixed age classes. In March 2015, Ofsted rated us Good, with many recognised strengths. Last March we were rated as “Securely Good” by the Local Authority. Furthermore, our last SIAMS inspection in November 2014 resulted in a Good rating. This year we were selected by the East Riding School Improvement Partnership to be part of their “Good to Outstanding” programme. This is ongoing and we are fully committed to our overall aim of becoming an Outstanding school.
We provide a broad curriculum which caters for our children’s needs. We have an idyllic setting with a wide range of outdoor facilities and space, which are soon to be improved even more, and which we like to use as often as possible to enhance our curriculum provision. We have a stable, well established and dedicated staff team, who work hard to improve the outcomes of our children. Relationships with parents and the local community are excellent and productive, and you will be very well supported and challenged by an experienced governing body.
Our well established values of “Learning, Caring and Friendship” contribute to a strong Christian ethos, which reflects the Church foundation of our school and concentrates our vision. We encourage our pupils to practice these values in everything they do. As a result, our behaviour and safety were rated as Outstanding by Ofsted in March 2015. We are proud of our happy and caring school where behaviour is exemplary, and attitudes to learning are positive and pupils achieve well.
Are you the person we are looking for?
We wish to appoint an inspirational and energetic Headteacher who will continue to take our school forward in a changing educational environment.
Therefore, we need someone who will:
- provide the innovative leadership required to maintain a vibrant, outward looking school where all the children are well prepared to flourish in 21st century life
- promote the school’s Christian vision and core values in all areas of school life, maintaining the strong links with our village church and the Diocese of York
- demonstrate excellent communication skills with pupils, staff, families and governors, whilst developing strong liaisons with the local community for the benefit of the children
- raise pupils’ outcomes through the continual improvement of all aspects of school life, with emphasis on staff development, outstanding teaching and learning
- be able to evidence a track record of a positive impact on teaching and learning in your current role and be able to provide effective leadership at our school
- demonstrate effective financial and strategic planning skills to maintain a sustainable budget, and to recommend changes for continuous improvements
- promote excellent behaviour and safeguarding of all pupils, whatever their individual requirements may be.
You will be offered a comprehensive three year induction package.
We are committed to promoting and ensuring the welfare of the children, young people and vulnerable adults in our care. We therefore insist that all safeguarding requirements are fully met by applicants prior to appointment and the successful teacher for this post will be required to apply for enhanced disclosure from the DBS.
Visits to the school are welcome please contact Trish Owen, tel (01262) 420214.
Application pack available by visiting https://bit.ly/2JhlFz0
Advert No: KILP001443
Closing Date: midnight on 27 June 2018
Interview Dates: Monday 16 July 2018 (in school) and Tuesday 17 July 2018 (off-site)