Are you the person we are looking for?
The govenors of St Martin’s Church of England VA Primary School are offering an exciting opportunity for an inspiring and dynamic Headteacher to take the lead in our school’s journey from good to outstanding through actively modelling and embedding the Christian vision and core Christian values of the school, and promoting our school motto of excellence through effort.
St Martin’s is located in the small village of Fangfoss at the foot of the Yorkshire Wolds in the East Riding of Yorkshire, situated approximately 11 miles to the east of the city of York and 4 miles north west of the town of Pocklington.
Our school has 110 pupils in four classes and currently is rated “Good” by Ofsted and “Outstanding” by SIAMS. We aim to develop and nurture our pupils so that they are prepared for life’s events and challenges along their journey into adulthood; this includes supporting them to develop spiritually, academically, physically and socially. This happens in a caring and loving environment based firmly on a Christian vision, and in particular the four school values of compassion, trust, responsibility and creativity.
As Governors we are looking for someone who:
- will lead by example, actively modelling and embedding into all areas of school life, the Christian vision and core Christian values of the school
- can promote the school’s Christian distinctiveness in all areas of school life
- demonstrates a commitment to the highest standards of teaching, learning and assessment, and shows great enthusiasm for embedding these in every stage of a child’s journey throughout the school
- can provide evidence of a significant impact on teaching and learning in their current role
- has a proven track record of effective leadership in all areas and can lead an outward-facing, vibrant school at the heart of a thriving community
- demonstrates excellent, appropriate communication skills at all levels with pupils and their families, staff, governors, the community and all those involved with the school
- can inspire, nurture and challenge all pupils and staff to realise their full potential
- Is committed to safeguarding all pupils and understanding their individual needs
- is fully committed to ongoing staff development for all, creating a team who model and share best practice
- has the ability to maintain and strengthen links and partnerships with governors, parents, the Church, the Diocese of York and wider community
- demonstrates an awareness of national policy and anticipates trends, showing a proactive approach to future school development both academic and extra-curricular.
In return we will offer:
- a school where the Christian ethos and values permeate throughout all areas
- a welcoming, supportive and friendly learning environment
- happy children who feel valued, listened to and safe
- children who enjoy learning and are encouraged to make excellent progress academically, becoming confident well rounded young people
- the support of a hardworking, enthusiastic staff team who care for and know each child individually
- governors who embrace change and are excited about the opportunity of ensuring all pupils make outstanding progress and achieve their full potential
- committed parents who support their child’s learning journey
- a school that has strong links with the church and wider community and plays a valuable part in the village life.
You will be offered a comprehensive induction package from both the Diocese and Local Authority, as well as mentoring.
Appointment is subject to a DBS check. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Visits to the school are encouraged, to arrange please contact Mrs Alison Calder, tel (01759) 368446.
Closing date for applications: 12th September 2019
Interviews: 26th and 27th September 2019
Start date: 1st January 2020 (or as soon as possible after this date)
Please find a link below to download the Application Pack:
Application Pack (PDF file, download size 1.8 MB): http://bit.ly/33zmFcz
Please click on the Information for Applicants for further details: http://bit.ly/301P0Gk
Address: St Martin's Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School, Fangfoss, York, North Yorkshire, YO41 5QG
School Tel No: (01759) 368446
Application pack available at: http://bit.ly/2KLuDXj