Do you have the dedication and ambition to take our one form entry Catholic primary school from ‘Requires Improvement’ to ‘Outstanding’?
The School’s Interim Executive Board wishes to appoint a practising Catholic Headteacher with a strong personal faith and a deep commitment to the ethos and vision of Catholic education. You will bring fresh ideas and renewed vitality to the curriculum, inspire great teaching and make full use of the School’s potential to lead us through the next stages on our journey to ‘Outstanding’.
As a one-form entry primary school, St Mary Star of the Sea needs a Headteacher who:
- is a confident, proven school leader;
- nurtures and celebrates everyone’s success;
- models outstanding teaching practice and brings a clear vision of learning through spiritual leadership;
- has excellent communication skills which will inspire, challenge, influence, motivate and empower pupils, staff, parents and our wider School community.
We can offer in return:
- an over-subscribed school;
- happy, friendly, enthusiastic, hard-working and well-behaved children, reflecting the diversity of our local community;
- a committed and enthusiastic staff team, welcoming and supportive parents and parish, and an active and ambitious Interim Executive Board;
- an attractive location in the town, overlooking the sea;
- good transport links and a vibrant cultural environment;
- an opportunity to make a real difference;
- strong foundations for future progress.
We expect and warmly welcome a visit to our School from prospective candidates. Please contact the Headteacher’s PA, Debbie Read, on 01424 427801, to arrange a mutually convenient time to visit.
A Recruitment Pack is available from Leadership.Recruitment@eastsussex.gov.uk
Closing date for applications 12 noon on 5 March 2018
Shortlisting date 15 March 2018
Interview date(s) 27 & 28 March 2018
St Mary Star of the Sea Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and is subject to the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009.