A small school with a great ambition for its children.
Due to the retirement of our current, highly regarded Headteacher the governors wish to appoint a worthy successor to lead our school.
Thrupp School is a small, successful and popular community school serving the varied and lively community of Thrupp, and the wider area. Supported by highly motivated and professional staff, children achieve well at our school and their behaviour is exemplary.
We want our new head teacher to be:
- passionate, caring and ambitious for our school
- child-focused and eager to champion children whatever their ability or background
- able to meet the diverse needs of a small community school
- an excellent communicator and listener, seeking collaboration and consensus wherever possible
- a strong and empathetic leader who stands up for what is best for the school and can make difficult decisions in the best interests of the children
- good at building relationships with children, parents and community
- an outstanding teacher who will inspire and support colleagues.
Our children would like their new Headteacher to be:
- kind and caring
- someone who looks out for all the children
- someone they see a lot, who gets involved and listens to them
- approachable and trusted.
The School offers:
- a friendly community with wonderful children who are encouraged ‘to do their best, to be their best’
- experienced and supportive staff
- a village location, next door to an area of outstanding natural beauty
- a very supportive parent network
- the opportunity to lead a school which champions every child.
Visits are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by contacting the School.
Application packs are available from: Wendy Gallagher, Governor Services, Shire Hall, Westgate Street, Gloucester GL1 2TP. Tel. 01452 427802. Email: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 22nd February 2019 at Noon.
Interviews: Monday 18th and Tuesday 19th March 2019.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff, and volunteers, to share the same commitment. This position is subject to an enhanced DBS check and appropriate vetting. References will be requested in support of candidates called for interview.