Great Wishford Church of England Primary School and the Acorn Education Trust are seeking to appoint an inspirational Headteacher from September 2018 for this warm, friendly and inclusive school.
We would like to hear from you if you feel you can strengthen our improving academic standards whilst retaining the distinctive Christian identity of our school. We are looking for someone who has the passion to enable all our pupils to reach their full potential and has:
- The drive, vision and ambition to achieve excellence for all our pupils;
- An excellent understanding of teaching and learning;
- Proven leadership qualities and the ability to challenge, inspire and motivate colleagues;
- A proven record as an imaginative, innovative, resourceful and decisive leader;
- An understanding of the current educational climate;
- A desire to work within the Multi Academy Trust structure;
- A strong Christian ethos;
For the successful applicant we can offer:
- Enthusiastic children from a wide catchment area who are eager to learn and are proud of their school
- A genuine commitment to your professional development and well-being
- A committed, cohesive and caring staff team
- A skilled and supportive Academy Council who work in partnership with the Head, staff and the Trust;
- Support and collaboration with other professionals within the Trust and local cluster
Great Wishford C of E Primary School joined the Trust in March 2018. This vibrant rural church primary school founded in 1722 is set in the heart of the ancient village of Great Wishford and serves 107 pupils from the local area. The village is located in the heart of the beautiful Wiltshire countryside, six miles from the medieval city of Salisbury. The school has expanded to provide flexible accommodation to provide for a wide range of learning needs and includes a spacious hall and refurbished library. It enjoys dedicated outdoor spaces within beautiful rural grounds, has access to woodland, and opportunities within the local area to engage in cultural activities. The independently managed Groveley Pre-School is located within the school grounds. The local community values the school for its caring ethos and strong Christian identity.
We strongly encourage prospective candidates to visit our school to experience our warm and friendly school community first-hand. Please contact Mandy Hewes, School Business Manager, to make an appointment or for an informal conversation about the role on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone 01722 790433.
Please take time to view further information using the buttons below.
To apply please use the “apply” button below and write a letter of application (no more than 2 sides of A4) outlining your philosophy of education and how your career to date has lead you to apply for this role and send by email to email@example.com .
Shortlisting: 19th April 2018
Interviews: w/beg 30th April 2018
Great Wishford Church of England Primary School and the Acorn Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS (Disclosure & Barring Services) check will be required for the successful candidate. We are an equal opportunities employer.