Can you take our school to the next level?
Are you committed to making a significant difference to improve children’s learning every day?
Will you ensure that chil dren are provided with excellent learning opportunities that will have a transformational effect on children’s achievements and life chances?
If so then we want to hear from you.
Alexander McLeod is a ‘good’ school (Ofsted, April 2016) with a strong reputation in the local community and immense potential for further growth and development. Our school is part of a Challenge Partners Hub and following their review of the school in December 2017 we were judged ‘outstanding’ across all estimate areas.
We proudly celebrate the diversity of our community which is embedded into our school’s ethos and practise. Our children are articulate, motivated and enthusiastic learners, who are supported to reach their full potential by a team of highly professional, dedicated, hardworking staff committed to providing high quality learning.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced school leader who is knowledgeable, inspiring and creative with the vision, energy and skill to provide dynamic leadership that will drive forward our ambition to take our school from ‘good’ to ‘outstanding’, as we embark on the next phase of our school’s development. You will be dedicated to promoting a legacy of excellence in all that we do and passionate about ensuring that each and every child achieves their potential as a valued member of the wider community.
As the successful candidate you will bring:
- An excellent range of successful leadership and management experience.
- A visible and hands-on approach with the drive and determination to lead improvements in standards with a proven track record of successes in these areas.
- A strong commitment to securing further improvements in standards and ensuring full inclusivity.
- Ability to nurture, inspire, challenge and motivate pupils and staff alike.
- A clear commitment to ensuring that the safety and welfare of children and staff rem ains at the core of the school’s daily work.
- Passion for continuous improvement and an ability to work in partnership with enthusiastic children, their parents, our staff and governors.
- An energetic and positive personality with an infectious enthusiasm for innovation and creativity.
- A commitment to building partnerships with other schools and educational partners to help continue to drive improvement.
- Capacity for strategic thinking and planning to ensure that the school and our children continue to prosper and flourish.
In return we can offer:
- A thriving school where children are articulate, eager to learn and behave well.
- A dedicated, talented and hardworking team who believe that every child has a right to a broad and balanced curriculum and that they will all succeed to their full potential.
- Commitment to your continuing professional development.
- Excellent learning environment and grounds.
- Excellent teaching resources that are well matched to the whole curriculum.
- Strong partnerships with local schools and links with top quality educational partners and providers.
- A very supportive and committed Governing Body and Local Authority.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to make a real difference as we embark on the next phase of our journey.
Visits to the school are welcome and actively encouraged. For further information or to book a school visit please contact our School Business Manager Nicki Bourne, on 0208 311 2266 or email: .uk.
How to Apply
An application pack and details of how to apply are available on the school website (http://alexmcleod.org.uk/Vacancies ) or by emailing .uk.
Closing date: 16th March 2018, 12pm
Shortlisting: 19th March 2018
Assessments and Interviews: 27th and 28th March 2018
Alexander McLeod Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out.
This post comes under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.