Established in 1951, Hillside Nursery School is situated in Haslingden in the beautiful Rossendale Valley. We are a Lancashire County Council maintained `stand alone' nursery school for children aged 2-4 years. Our children come from a range of diverse backgrounds. Hillside is highly valued by parents and the local community and currently serves seven primary schools.
The Governors are looking to appoint an inspirational and dynamic headteacher who is passionate about early years education and who believes that each child is an individual with the capacity to learn and achieve their full potential. The role will include a timetabled teaching commitment.
We want someone to build on our successes and continue to move the school forward.
We are looking for a headteacher who will:
- show strong leadership skills and who is resilient, determined and decisive
- use their drive and passion to move the nursery from good to outstanding
- lead by example in the classroom, demonstrating the attributes of an excellent Foundation Stage teacher
- maintain and develop strong links with parents/carers and the community as well as with our professional partners
- motivate, inspire and support our dedicated staff and governing body - work effectively with the staff and governors to enhance our provision to ensure good outcomes for all our children
- have high expectations of themselves, the staff and the children.
What we can offer:
- happy, friendly children who are eager to learn
- a warm and welcoming atmosphere where everyone is valued as part of the school community
- an inspirational and excellently resourced environment which promotes independence, creativity, curiosity and exploration
- a forest school that is outstanding, enabling each child to regularly experience the delights and wonder of the natural world
- a curriculum that has the child at the heart of it, which is centred on hands-on learning
- highly experienced, dedicated staff who will go the extra mile for the children and families in their care
- an involved local community and willing and supportive governors.
At Hillside, we seek to give our children the best possible start to their educational journey by creating a unique place where play is valued and where they have fun whilst learning through challenging first-hand experiences in our vibrant and stimulating indoor and outdoor environments.
Visits to the Nursery are welcomed and encouraged.
Please contact Julia North, the School Bursar, on 01706 214162 to arrange a visit.
Shortlisting date: 17 January 2019.
Informal discussion: Please contact Julia North, the School Bursar, on 01706 214162.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for a 'disclosure'.
Interview date: 31 January 2019.
Application forms can be downloaded online or can be requested from/returned to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the chair of governors at school address by the closing date.
Closing date: 7 January 2019 at 12 noon.