“Inspiring learning to last a lifetime”
St Nicholas Church of England Primary School and Nursery is a one form entry, family friendly, values based school providing high quality education to the community of Stevenage. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dynamic individual to develop our vision and to lead, nurture and inspire our children and staff to continually improve.
Rated ‘Good’ by Ofsted since 2016, and a SIAMS ‘Outstanding’ 2017 we are a friendly, supportive and high achieving school, promoting traditional values alongside our engaging and church inspired ethos of ‘Inspiring learning to last a lifetime’. A new Headteacher will see the ways we can continue to develop our staff and hone the outcomes for our young people, so that they leave us as confident learners who can go on and succeed in the next stage of their education.
We have just completed a new extension to the front of the school and have a new roof fitted. The governors are beginning to embark on an exciting Nursery extension and Forest School expansion. St Nicholas is a wonderfully vibrant, mixed community with 48% of children speaking English as a second language and hosting 23 different languages in total.
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional, forward-thinking person who has the skills and ambition to take overall responsibility for the leadership, care, education and success of the School, and who believes in the importance of a values-led curriculum.
The main priorities are to:
- Provide strategic vision and leadership to ensure a culture of excellence.
- Ensure all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- Protect and safeguard all children, and be responsible for the health and safety of everyone on the school premises.
- Control costs with a ‘Best Value’ approach to maintain a healthy school budget.
You will be supported by a good leadership team, enthusiastic and talented teachers and teaching assistants, an efficient administration staff, alongside a committed and well balanced governing body.
We would welcome applications from experienced Headteachers or senior leaders with a proven record of success, and who will build on the many strengths of the school and drive our vision.
The whole school community is looking forward to welcoming a Headteacher who will:
- Be inspirational, who leads by example with integrity to build strong relationships and enthuse the whole school community in all aspects of school life;
- Be an enthusiastic and highly motivated practitioner who understands how children learn and can support others to deliver excellent teaching through modelling and coaching;
- Put our children at the heart of all they do with a genuine desire to motivate everyone to succeed and develop a love of learning;
- Be committed to their own and others’ professional development; and
- have demonstrable experience across the primary age-range.
N.B.: Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child and/or vulnerable adult’s protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Closing date for applications: 1pm Friday 18th May 2018
Shortlisting will take place on 18th May 2018
Interview dates: Friday 25th May 2018
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com