Adeyfield School is looking for a new and inspiring individual to lead its school community from its challenging recent past through to its next phase of improvement and growth. With a new executive team in place and plenty of support available, the Principal’s role at Adeyfield is critical to that future success. Hemel Hempstead is easily accessible with great transport links and is perfectly located for job seekers from Herts, Beds, Bucks and North and West London.
Ambitious to grow and thrive
Our goal is to flourish, providing an outstanding education for all students and as such, Atlas Multi Academy Trustees wish to appoint an enthusiastic and tenacious leader who is confident and positive, with strong leadership credentials and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of internal and external partners.
Working closely with governors, staff and students you will develop a compelling vision for the school that acts as the focus of all activity and drives improvement. You will be able to build successful teams and work collaboratively with others to achieve success.
You will have the ability to drive yourself and others. You will be able to respond and adapt effectively to changing circumstances, maintaining high levels of performance. You will actively listen and effectively communicate to a wide range of audiences. You will demonstrate a good understanding of legislation and regulation that resources are used efficiently and effectively in a way that maximises performance and ensures the financial sustainability of the school.
In return we can offer you:
- A generous remuneration package reflecting the calibre of candidate we are looking for
- Continuing Professional Development to ensure your appointment is successful and rewarding
- An opportunity to lead the school at this time of change and development and move it to Good
- Growth in the local house building market which should translate to an increase pupil numbers
- Supportive parents and community engagement
- An established Post 16 consortium, Alban Learning Partners (7 schools) flexible 6th form offer
- Part of the East Dacorum Co-operative Learning Trust and good local links
- Expertise and support of colleagues in the Atlas Multi Academy Trust and an opportunity to play a key role in the future
For an informal conversation about this role please contact Margaret Chapman, Executive Headteacher via email at email@example.com to arrange a time to discuss. If you would like to visit our school, please contact Sara Lawton, Headteacher’s PA, at LawtonS@adeyfieldschool.org. Tel: 01442 406020.
We encourage you to visit our dynamic school and see it in action.
We are holding 2 open mornings on: Tuesday 6th November 9am to 1pm or Friday 9th November 8am to 12 noon.
Closing date: Monday 12th November 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 28th and Thursday 29th November
Adeyfield School and the Atlas Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Appointment to this post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check, including the barred list, as well as other pre-appointment checks outlined in Keeping Children Safe in Education (September 2018).
For more information and to apply online : https://www.teachinherts.com/find-a-job/view,principal_50355.htm