West Herts Schools Trust is looking for a talented Headteacher for Jupiter Community Free School, a fantastic primary school in Hemel Hempstead. The school opened in 2014 and has reached capacity this year with its first cohort of pupils moving to secondary school in September.
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong school leader to use their skills and expertise to build on the school’s potential for rapid improvement. This role may suit an existing headteacher, or a strong deputy who is ready to take the next step into headship.
We are happy to receive joint applications for a shared Headship position. Please include a separate statement about how you would work together and manage the relationship.
We can offer:
• Talented and committed staff
• Motivated students
• The mentorship of a National Leader in Education
• A role tailored to suit your strengths and interests
• A competitive salary
• Exceptional professional development opportunities both within the Trust and across the school’s many partnerships
• The possibility of future career development within the Trust
• Admission arrangements favourable to children of staff
We want you to bring:
• Passion for education in its widest sense
• Drive, sense of purpose, commitment and perseverance
• Highly developed emotional intelligence and intellectual curiosity
• Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills
• Flexibility and sensitivity to the needs of individuals
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written
• Enthusiasm, common sense and good humour
• Willingness to reflect on and evaluate performance within the context of a team
• High levels of resilience
• Ability to provide solutions
• Ability to inspire and command the respect
It is anticipated that Jupiter Community Free School will be transferring (along with its sister schools – Ascot Road CFS and Lanchester CFS) to Danes Educational Trust from September 2021. Being part of Danes Educational Trust will give the right candidate the support and opportunity to take their career to the next level.
A socially-distanced open afternoon will be held at the school (subject to COVID restrictions) on Tuesday 11th May from 2pm – 4pm. Booking is important for this visit to ensure COVID safety protocols can be followed. If you are unable to attend the open afternoon, please get in touch and we will fit you in at another time.
In addition, if you would like to have an informal discussion about the role including exploring shared headship, please contact Susan Poole, COO – email@example.com
To apply for the role, please complete the Tes application form using the apply button. It is important that your supporting statement is specific to Jupiter Community Free School and demonstrates how your skills, knowledge and experience specifically match the school's requirements. We will accept this as way of a tailored supporting letter or you can also opt to attach a letter detailing this. This must be no longer than two sides with minimum font, size 11.
Closing date 9am, Monday 17th May
Longlist interviews Monday 24th May
Shortlist interviews Tuesday 25th May
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Jupiter Community Free School
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
Jupiter Community Free School is one of three primary schools opened by West Herts Free Schools Trust in 2014. The School has grown from Reception in the first year and has reached capacity with Y6 in 2020/21. The School has a ...