If you are a dynamic, committed and inspirational leader who wants to make a difference to the lives of young people then we would like to hear from you.
Full time, Permanent
Competitive salary package
Location: Hillingdon, West London
School Group: 7
Start Date: April or September 2018
Meadow High School: Achieving together
Meadow is a special school, for students aged 11-19 with complex to moderate learning needs and/or autism. One of the UK’s largest special schools, we have been consistently rated as a Good school and are ready to achieve Outstanding status. The school holds a number of national awards including the SEN Specialist Schools Award and the International School Award.
Together with our Ofsted ambitions, under PSB2 we have exciting plans to re-build and refurbish significant parts of the school in the next two years.
Our current head is retiring in December 2017 after 14 years in post. As a result, the Governing Body is looking to appoint a dynamic, committed Headteacher to lead the school through its new build and continue the Ofsted journey from Good to Outstanding status.
Reporting to the Governing Body you will:
· Lead the school, providing inspirational and motivational leadership;
· Maintain and improve the quality of teaching and learning across the school, monitoring practice and managing performance;
· Ensure our curriculum is creative and meets the needs of all students;
· Manage relationships with staff, parents, carers, the local authority and the wider community.
What we want from our candidate:
· A headteacher, an experienced and successful deputy, or someone looking to return to headship;
· A leader who is enthusiastic and inspirational, with the drive, ambition and high standards to build on our good practices and take us to the next level;
· A teacher who can create innovative approaches to teaching and learning to meet the changing needs of SEN students;
· A people manager and decision maker who will challenge the status quo and has the emotional intelligence and good humour to take others with them;
· A business leader with knowledge of financial and resource management, driving best value from the school’s budget.
What we can offer you:
· The opportunity to lead a school with exciting building and refurbishment plans;
· An established school with good practices and robust financial practices;
· A school with students who enjoy school and thrive on their opportunities and achievements;
· A talented and experienced staff team committed to giving our students the best opportunities;
· A highly supportive and committed governing body.
If you think you are the exceptional person to lead our school in this exciting and challenging opportunity, we would like to hear from you.
We encourage you to visit the school pre-interview to get a better sense of the school and the opportunity. To arrange your visit, please contact: Mrs T. Cummings (Staff Well Being & Personnel Administration officer) on 01895 443310.
To view the candidate information pack, and to apply please visit: https://www.schoolshrcooperative.co.uk/job/view/5175-headteacher-6
CLOSING DATE: 20 November 2017 - NOON
SHORTLISTING DATE: 22 & 23 November 2017
INTERVIEW DATE: 06 & 07 December 2017
CVs will not be accepted
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.