The Blue School Church of England Voluntary-Aided Primary School is seeking to appoint a committed, passionate, determined, experienced and inspirational Headteacher to lead the school. Our current Headteacher will be leaving at the end of the 2018 Spring Term as he moves onto the next phase of his career, and the Governing Body are looking to recruit an exceptional school leader to guide the school as it moves onto the next phase of its journey.
The Blue School (Ofsted ’Outstanding’ May, 2008 and SIAMS ‘Exceeded Outstanding’ May 2013 ) is a highly successful and much in demand Church of England primary school located in Isleworth, West London. We are looking to further develop and strengthen the school’s Leadership Team as we complete our expansion to 2-forms of entry, in both our integrated nursery and primary phases. The Headteacher will lead a growing and dynamic Senior Leadership Team in collaboration and in partnership with a very strong, supportive Governing Body.
The Blue School is a vibrant and exciting school where children and staff thrive, where every member of our community is valued and, where innovation, initiative and creativity are actively encouraged. Our vision of “Excellence for all, Excellence by all. Through the guidance of Jesus Christ our Living Lord” drives us to be ambitious for all of the children that we serve.
What we offer
· A creative and hard-working staff and wider community team, who have a strong sense of commitment to the school, its vision and its children.
· Happy, engaged, confident and enthusiastic pupils, with bright and enquiring minds.
· Engaged and involved parents, as evidenced by the school’s committed, very active and highly successful Parent’s Association. The school is further supported by The Isleworth Blue School Educational Foundation (a separate registered charity).
· A dedicated, supportive and highly skilled Governing Body.
· A positive active, day-to-day relationship with local clergy.
· Exceptional leadership development opportunities.
We are looking for
· An outstanding Christian leader who will fully support the strong Christian ethos of the school.
· A strategic and creative thinker, and a successful and sure-footed school leader, with the drive and enthusiasm to continue to promote and develop further the highest quality of teaching and learning across the school.
· An individual with a strong and proven commitment to school improvement and a clear determination to achieve and maintain educational excellence and promote inclusion and diversity.
· An excellent communicator who works inclusively with all staff, Governors, pupils, parents and the wider community committed to the Christian ethos of the school, also promoting an inclusive and aspirational school culture.
· An individual of high standards and expectations and a commitment to maintain and develop these through continuous school improvement. This individual will be forward thinking in this challenging new and evolving educational landscape.
As one of the oldest Church of England schools in the country (The Blue School was established in 1630), we remain rightly proud of our heritage and of our continual achievements as being a place of excellent learning for all and by all. This appointment will take our school forward into its next phase of development and we are very excited about it.
Visits to the school by prospective candidates are very welcome. Please contact Debbie Sayer, Clerk to the Governors via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or on 020 8560 6721 to arrange an appointment. Please also contact Debbie for a copy of the vacancy application and information pack.
For further information about our school please visit: www.theblueschool.com
The Blue School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Monday 15th January 2018 at 12.00 noon.
Visits to the school: 19th December 2017, 5th, 8th and 10th January 2018 – Visits from
Interview date: Wednesday 24th / Thursday 25th January 2018.