St. Aloysius’ College is a successful 11-19 Catholic Comprehensive boys school based in Highgate. The school takes pride in the friendly and inclusive school community with its commitment to supporting students and staff in achieving their full potential. The school has been led by an interim Executive Headteacher since Easter 2018, who has successfully undertaken a program of rapid whole school improvement including a staff recruitment drive, which has ensured that the school is fully staffed. Following disappointing results in 2017, the school is now at an exciting stage of development following exceptional improvements in 2019 GCSEs:
- Provisional Progress 8 of 0.34, improving further on 2018 outcomes.
- 70% of the cohort achieving 4+ in both English and Maths and 46% of cohort secured 5+.
- More able students are a priority area for the school, made for strong progress with a provisional Progress 8 of 0.5.
In the Sixth Form improvements were also seen:
- 29% of the grades were A*-B, representing a 4% increase over 2018
- 63% of grades were A*-C compared to 57% in 2018
- 100% A*-E grades compared to 93% in 2018
- 17% of students accepted offers from Russell group universities, a significant improvement.
The school is a friendly and vibrant place with strong foundations of discipline and moral purpose founded from their Catholic principles, good behaviour is a real strength throughout the school.
Experienced and supportive Governors recognise that there continues to be challenges ahead but also that there is an unmistakable momentum to be harnessed by a strong, inspirational leader. A visionary leader with clear direction, you will help the school continue to flourish, sharing best practice and building on their strengths to lead the school on their journey forward.
The Governors are seeking to appoint a Headteacher who:
- Is a practising Catholic.
- Is an inspirational leader with a clear vision for the future of the school, building on its current capacity.
- Will lead by example, with a ‘can-do’ attitude that can inspire commitment from students, staff and the local community.
- Has a proven track record of raising standards in teaching and learning, within a consistent, caring, accountable ethos.
How to apply
For a confidential conversation about the role please call Dion Mills on 07899 063321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For an application pack or to book a school tour, contact Emma Fletcher on email@example.com or call 01273 721579.
School Tours: Thursday 26th September (11.30am-1pm), Wednesday 2nd October (11am-12.30pm) and Tuesday 15th October 2019 (2pm-3.30pm) Tours must be pre-booked.
Closing date: 9am Friday 1st November 2019
Interviews: Monday 11th November and Tuesday 12th November 2019
The school are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure check will be undertaken.
Do not use the blue apply button below, instead all applications (and requests for the information pack) should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org