The David Ross Education Trust is looking for a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher at Endike Academy in Hull www.endikeacademy.co.uk
If you are looking for your next move, are ambitious, inspirational, dynamic and want to be part of our success then we want to hear from you.
The current Head Teacher is retiring after 20 years in the role, so we are looking for an individual who can lead the primary academy in the next stage of its journey to outstanding.
Chair of Governors, Andrea Medlicott Revell says: “We are looking for a Principal who will lead our academy with vision, passion and positivity. A creative thinker who will inspire and lead their team to deliver outstanding results. The school has been designed around enrichment and has outstanding potential for learning; outdoor classrooms, an amphitheatre, an immersion zone, art studios and much more.
“Together with full support from the Trust we have a strong commitment to providing all pupils with extenlsive enrichment opportunities and maximising every child’s potential’.
Endike Academy is a GOOD School
A summary of the 2015 Ofsted report (see full report here)
- The progress pupils make is quickly improving and the standards they reach are significantly rising.
- Early years provision is good.
- Leaders have created a very strong team spirit and a ‘we can do this’ ethos.
- Pupils across the academy have positive attitudes to their learning, are proud of their school and are keen to do well.
- Parents say that their children feel safe and secure at school.
- Leaders, including governors, have ensured that the quality of teaching and pupils’ achievement are securely good
- Pupils’ behaviour is good and often outstanding in some lessons
About the role
You will be accountable for ensuring the Academy achieves outstanding in its next Ofsted visit.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary circa £60k
- Access to Teachers Pension Scheme
- Health Care
- Cycle Scheme
- Eye Care
- Other benefits
About the Academy
Endike Academy in Hull has a spectacular new building; which opened in September 2012.
As well as providing a fantastic learning environment for all pupils from Foundation Stage through to 11 years, Endike offers greater opportunities by using the latest technology.
- · Successful leadership of innovation and change management and transformational learning
- Successful management of monitoring and evaluation strategies of the quality of teaching and learning, student outcomes, quality of provision and efficiency
- Successful management of whole school improvement strategies
- Successful experience of working with children from disadvantaged backgrounds
- Extensive experience of developing staff and team building
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current educational priorities
- Recent and relevant management development/training
- Experience of promoting equality and diversity, inclusion and appropriate strategies for children with special educational needs
- Motivation to work with children and young people particularly relating to safeguarding and promoting their welfare
- Teaching Qualification
Endike Academy is part of the David Ross Education Trust, visit www.dret.co.uk to find out more.
Within the network, we now have 33 academies, incorporating primary and secondary schools as well as a grammar and special school. We have over 2,000 staff committed to delivering educational excellence to our 13,000 young people.
Whatever your role, you are contributing to achieving our vision of inspiring the next generation of young people to be the best they can in whatever they choose. We are setting high standards to be the country’s leading academy chain, committed to delivering the highest educational standards alongside an unrivalled package of sporting and cultural enrichment, including events such as the DRET Spring, Summer and WinterCups, Music Cup, volunteering trips abroad, and regular trips and visits throughout the year.
We work alongside outstanding organisations and individuals who are happy to share their expertise and skills in supporting the Trust’s vision, to give children better life chances through access to the best education and support we can give them.
Academies have their unique place in local communities; we share common goals, aspirations and values that enable us to work collaboratively and collectively to achieve our mission. We have regional hubs and share skills, knowledge and experience across our academies allowing them to benefit and learn from each other.
We offer high quality programmes for CPD and Leadership Development delivered through our Teaching School Alliance to enhance high quality teaching and learning across our academies.
Click the link to apply.
Endike Academy is committed to equality, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for all successful applicants.