Job Reference Number: ED 17601
A first class opportunity has arisen for a hardworking, friendly and inclusive Headteacher.
The governors of Emley First School are looking for an exceptional strategic leader with a clear vision for the continued development of this Ofsted ‘outstanding’ school, and the ability to inspire all our children to realise their full potential.
We are proud of:
- the friendly children who care for each other
- our highly experienced and dedicated staff team
- our supportive governors and parents
- our relationship with the local and extended community
We are looking for an outstanding, dynamic and inspirational leader who:-
- will keep teaching and learning at the heart of the school
- has a clear vision for the future, maintaining and building upon our double outstanding Ofsted grading
- will be highly motivated, with high expectations for all pupils and staff
- will promote a happy and supportive learning environment
- will deliver whole school improvement and effective staff development - whilst continuing to enhance strong relationships with parents / carers and engage them in the education of their children.
Do you have the skills, enthusiasm and motivation to ensure our children excel?
How to apply
Please download and complete the application form attached. It should be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application will close at 9am on Monday 18th December 2017.
Interviews will be held on: Tuesday 16th Jan 2018 and Wednesday 17th Jan 2018
Shortlisting will take place on: Thursday 21st Dec 2017
Please ensure that your personal statement evidences how you meet the person specification for the post in no more than 3500 words, using Arial font size 12. Please do not send CV’s.
Our website https://emleyschool.co.uk/kgfl/primary/emleypri gives a good introduction to our school, but Prospective candidates are also welcome to visit the school prior to application. Please note that visits to the school can be arranged by contacting Helen Cameron on 01924 326802 or email@example.com
Guided tours of the school will be available with Mr G Loveridge or the Governors, on the following dates:-
- 7th December 2017
- 14th December 2017
Candidates selected for interview will be contacted immediately after shortlisting by phone and email, but we will not contact unsuccessful candidates. References will be taken up after shortlisting and prior to interview stage.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
Emley First School,
Huddersfield HD8 9RT