We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Headteacher to lead the continuing improvements and build on the successes of our school. We wish to appoint for a September 2018 start.
Spen Valley is a thriving, successful and oversubscribed school at the heart of the communities of Roberttown, Liversedge, Norristhorpe and Heckmondwike, in North Kirklees. We have been rated as a good school in our last 2 Ofsted inspections and seek to appoint a Headteacher who has a successful track record in school improvement and has a determination to further raise standards in teaching and learning to maximise the attainment, progress and wider opportunities for all our students.
- Be a committed individual who will strive to provide a creative curriculum which meets the needs of all children (11 to 16)
- Be an established and successful Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher with a proven track record in strategic leadership and management.
- Be an exceptional motivator with the strength to lead both learners and staff to improve standards and embrace change.
- Be committed to maintaining a fully inclusive educational environment for all learners regardless of ability or background.
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to build upon the effective working relationship with the whole school and the wider community.
- Develop the exciting opportunities presented by the Trust and wider collaborative partnerships.
In return we can offer:
A friendly and caring school that is innovative, creative, forward thinking and committed to high expectations for all.
An excellent team of hard-working and dedicated staff.
The chance to work with a supportive, proactive Leadership team.
A highly supportive, experienced and ambitious Governing Body.
An attractive, stimulating, well organised working environment.
The opportunity to consolidate and build upon our existing achievements
A popular, oversubscribed school of 900 pupils.
Interested candidates are welcome to visit the school, by appointment, between 9.00am and 10.30am on the 7, 8,14 or 15 March.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff are subject to an enhanced DBS check. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
If you require further information about the role or to arrange a visit, please contact the school on telephone: 01924 405451 or you can visit the school website at www.spenvalleyhighschool.co.uk
To apply for this job, please download and complete the application form attached’ unless, for example, the advert submitted by the school gives specific instructions.
Application forms should be returned to Elizabeth Rowlands either by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the address at the top of the page, by 12 noon on Friday 16th March 2018.
Candidates selected for interview will be notified after the shortlisting meeting to be held on Friday 23rd March 2018.
Due to the Easter break, interviews will be held over 2 days; Thursday 19th and Friday 20th April 2018.