Guiseley School is an 11-18 fully inclusive school situated in a small town on the edge of Leeds, West Yorkshire. The School is part of a Co-operative Trust working with several local schools and partners to create a vibrant learning network and promote the well-being of children and young people in Aireborough.
Due to the retirement of our long standing and successful Headteacher, the Governing Body of this aspirational, inclusive and dynamic school have the unique opportunity to appoint an outstanding leader. The successful applicant will possess the drive, ambition and creativity to lead the school on its journey to outstanding.
This is an exciting time for our school and we are looking for a highly skilled individual with an unrelenting commitment to student success who can inspire, motivate and challenge colleagues and students to achieve their potential.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an innovative forward thinking leader with the ability to manage change and inspire students and staff to achieve their full potential.
- Demonstrate the skills and abilities to implement change that will continue the school’s journey to outstanding.
- Have significant experience of raising standards of attainment and achievement through improving teaching and learning.
- Have a proven track record of successful, strategic leadership.
- Be committed to delivering a fully inclusive education for all our students.
- Have the necessary skills to further develop relationships with partners and stakeholders across the community.
In return we can offer:
- A unique opportunity to join the school at an exciting time as the school undergoes a major capital investment and rebuilding programme.
- An energetic, passionate and ambitious staff who are committed to driving up standards of teaching and learning.
- The opportunity to work collaboratively with a group of talented and committed senior leaders to drive the school forward.
An experienced Governing Body who are ambitious, supportive and challenging.
Prospective candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Cathy Beaton by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01943872359 to arrange an appointment.
To request an application pack email: email@example.com or contact Emily Harker or Toni Leigh West on 0113 3788525
Closing date Monday 19th February 2018 (12 noon)
Interviews 7th & 8th March 2018
We seek to promote diversity and equality of opportunity - applications are welcome from all, irrespective of gender, race, marital status, age, disability, sexuality, religion or faith.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check.