Due to an internal promotion, Witham St Hughs Academy is recruiting a Headteacher to join us from January 2020. Our academy sits at the heart of a community and strives to ensure that every child has access to a high-quality curriculum which promotes ‘Life-Long Learning.’ We equally have very strong relationships with parents and carers, who play an active role in the academy’s vision and values.
Situated at the centre of an expanding community, we are currently an ‘Outstanding’ academy as judged by Ofsted in December 2012. With well below average numbers of pupils identified within the nationally recognised distinct pupil groups, the outcomes our children make are above the national average. The unique circumstances of an expanding community provide an exciting opportunity to lead the academy through the next phase of development. Increasing to 375 pupils from September 2019, we are then highly likely to become 3FE from September 2020, with building work being carried out to accommodate the growth.
This opportunity would suit a forward-thinking and vigorous Headteacher who has a successful track record in school leadership. Leading a dynamic and capable staff team alongside inquisitive, articulate and well-behaved pupils is an exciting opportunity for developing innovative practice and approaches.
As part of the L.E.A.D. Academy Trust, we benefit from access to a wide range of training, development and professional services. The Headteacher can access support and guidance on all areas of teaching, learning and school operations, directly as and when required. We are proud to have developed a culture within our Trust in which Headteachers partner and communicate well with each other, providing a strong network of likeminded leaders to work with.
Joining us, you will:
- lead the strategic development of the academy;
- be an outstanding role model for all;
- develop and apply your vision for Witham St Hughs Academy;
- determine, implement and monitor the quality of teaching and learning across the academy;
- ensure the efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources;
- hold accountability for the performance of Witham St Hughs Academy;
- lead, empower and drive staff to achieve success.
To be successful, you will:
- demonstrate a clear understanding of what constitutes excellent learning, from creative concepts to practical application;
- hold a track record in raising teaching standards, ensuring progression and attainment for all pupils, with a desire to embed a culture of continuous development for all;
- possess extensive interpersonal skills to create and effectively communicate the academy vision to all key stakeholders;
- demonstrate a commitment to providing an inclusive environment for children with SEND;
- be a great teacher – as a leader of teaching, we are searching for an individual who understands what great learning looks like in the classroom and recognises how to achieve it;
- inspire, motivate, empower and lead all to achieve.
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Debi Markham, Academy Business Manager, on 01522 869590 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, the school will re-open from Wednesday, 4th September 2019, though Debi may be contactable to arrange a visit prior to this to date.
For further information and to apply, please click here.
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday, 16th September 2019
First stage interviews: Thursday, 19th September 2019 at Witham St Hughs
Second stage interviews: Monday, 23rd September 2019 at The Ropewalk
Witham St Hughs is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure & Barring Service. Please visit the school website to view our safeguarding policy.