Due to the retirement of our current headteacher, Malmesbury Primary School is looking to appoint a new headteacher from September 2018.
Malmesbury Primary is situated in the London Borough of Merton and is a friendly, inclusive and culturally diverse two form entry school. Ofsted states it is a good school (February 2016).
Staff and Governors have high aspirations for our children and we are committed to providing a creative curriculum with exciting experiences. Our children love learning and the school offers them every opportunity to flourish.
We are proud to hold the Gold Sportsmark and the International School Award. The school has close links with the Merton School Sports Partnership, Merton Music Foundation and the Shakespeare School Festival. This year our children performed Julius Caesar at the New Wimbledon theatre (we were moved by the actions and their words, a tour de force Jack Stigner, director of SSF).
The governing board are looking for:
- A leader who communicates effectively, has presence and drives the strategic vision for the school
- A leader who has integrity and resilience
- A leader who has energy and enjoys leading a skilled and motivated team
- A leader who works collaboratively and is approachable by everyone
- A leader who is open, honest and reliable and who models professional and school values
Our school has:
- Well behaved, happy, confident and enthusiastic children (Pupils are courteous and friendly, Ofsted 2016)
- a supportive, skilful, enthusiastic and proactive governing board who will work effectively in partnership with you
- a strong, cohesive and committed staff team which includes specialist teachers
- a well-resourced, well maintained school with a sound budget
- strong links to local schools and a supportive Local Authority
- a large site with plenty of outside space
- a number of specialist rooms such as the purpose built library and music room
Malmesbury Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to a DBS check.
Visits to the school will be warmly welcomed from 29th January to 9th February 2018. Please contact the School Business Manager, Louise Gorham, to arrange a visit on 02086483561 or email email@example.com.
Please return your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 16th February 2018 at 4pm
Shortlisting: Tuesday 20th February 2018
Interviews and Assessments: 7th and 8th March 2018