Liberty Primary School is looking to recruit a new Headteacher.
Our current Headteacher will be leaving the school at the end of this academic year, after 4 successful years in post. Liberty Primary School Governors are seeking to appoint a highly inspirational, creative and committed leader who has strategic vision and is passionate about promoting the school’s already good standards of teaching and learning with outstanding Early Years. (Ofsted 2018)
Do you have the drive, enthusiasm and experience to make a real difference for our children?
Liberty Primary School is a culturally diverse two-form-entry school with its own nursery, and accommodation to expand should there be demand, situated in Mitcham, Surrey in the London Borough of Merton. Our school is a welcoming and inclusive with extensive facilities to be proud of.
We are proud to be judged in our recent Ofsted inspection as a good school overall with outstanding Early Years. (Ofsted June 2018)
Staff and Governors have high expectations for our children and we are committed to providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment, where everyone can develop their skills and talents in a variety of ways and to the best of their abilities.
This role will be an exciting opportunity in a school known for its diversity and family friendly environment. Liberty delivers an exciting and challenging curriculum within a structured environment.
We are seeking a Headteacher who:
- Is an inspirational leader who will maintain the highest of standards and continue to raise levels of achievements for all children through exceptional leadership and management
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is able to communicate and drive a clear strategic vision for the school to enhance its current effectiveness
- Has high expectations for the achievement of every child and a firm commitment to pupil wellbeing and resilience
- Is resilient, adaptable and will promote a broad and balanced curriculum to meet all our children’s needs
- Is committed to parent partnerships, works collaboratively, inspiring all stakeholders in the school community
- Will manage the resources available to achieve best value for money
In return, we can offer you:
- A diverse and supportive multicultural school community.
- A highly skilled senior leadership team, ready to work with you to achieve the best possible outcomes for the school and its pupils.
- A hardworking team of staff and Governors who are committed to working collaboratively on our exciting journey to move the whole school to “outstanding”.
- A modern working environment with easy accessibility to rail/tram, underground and buses.
- A school with excellent facilities and extensive grounds.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher with substantial experience of leading a school to build on our current successes. The candidate information pack and our website will give an insight into our school, but cannot convey the happy atmosphere and enthusiasm for learning that is evident throughout.
We would love to meet with you in our warm environment; hence visits to the school are encouraged. Please contact Karen Taylor, PA/Headteacher, on 020 8646 5290 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment.
Below are the dates we are arranging visits:
Thursday 7th March 2019
Friday 8th March 2019
Thursday 14th March 2019.
If you cannot make any of the dates above, please call the school. We will make every effort to accommodate you.
Completed application forms to be returned online on advertised sites or by email to email@example.com or by post to the school.
Applications closing date: 6.00 pm Monday 18th March 2019
Shortlisting date: Friday 22nd March 2019
Interview date: Tuesday 2nd and Wednesday 3rd April 2019
We value the diversity of our staff and promote equality of opportunity across the school. The school is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore this post will be subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks and an enhanced DBS check including barring service.