OneSchool Global UK Newtown Campus
- Quick apply
- Job type:
- Full Time, Permanent
- Start date:
- September 2018 or sooner
- Apply by:
- 15 February 2018
Due to the retirement of the current post holder, the Trustees are looking to appoint an outstanding Headteacher to lead our Newtown campus from September 2018. We are a small, successful Y3-13 mixed independent school with a strong Christian ethos located in the town of Newtown in Powys, just across the English border and close to the town of Shrewsbury.
The school has undergone a rapid and sustained transformation in recent times and is a strong member of the OneSchool organisation (the largest body of independent schools in the world). We are at the cutting edge of technology and educational innovation and we place the success and happiness of our pupils, Self-Directed Learning and our unique and comprehensive CPD programme at the heart of all we do. The development of Self-Directed Learning and underpinning “learning to learn” skills will be the key focus for the new school leader and are the crucial next steps in terms of the future development of the school.
The school was judged to be “Good with Excellent features” in Estyn’s 2016 inspection.
We are looking to appoint an exceptional leader who has the vision and dedication to build upon the strong foundations already in place. The school benefits from extremely engaged students, a conducive teaching and learning environment and a talented and committed staff.
Visits to the school are warmly encouraged. For more information and to arrange a visit, please contact Tim Bamber on 07384 240630 or at email@example.com . To request an application pack please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Focus Learning Trust is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of children, and as such the post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
About OneSchool Global UK Newtown Campus
- OneSchool Global UK Newtown Campus
- Sarn, Newtown
- SY16 4EJ
- United Kingdom
We are a small school on the border of Wales; a truly scenic and rural school.
Our school is not just about academic success but also about ensuring we develop and nurture students to become good people who have an awareness of the wider global context we live and work.
Our aim is to ensure that all students leaving the school have a set of qualifications that will open doors for them in the future and are prepared for the world of work and life in the future.
Our students are our biggest asset. They are willing to learn, open to new challenges, resilient, and their behaviour for learning is excellent. Students are taught national curriculum subjects and are offered extra-curricular opportunities as well.
The Campus has great facilities, cross-curricular ICT suite, a Learning Centre and individual laptops for students in Years 7-13. In addition to this, students benefit from a volleyball court, tennis courts and a football field. The campus has a dedicated science lab and excellent Primary facilities.
Why should I work at One School Global UK Newtown Campus?
- Newtown Campus is a place where we engender a culture of learning to learn through a self-directed approach to study.
- We are located in the beautiful Welsh countryside in a purpose-built building designed to facilitate student-centred teaching and learning.
- We are a small and friendly campus where everyone knows each other and works collaboratively towards joint goals.
- Team spirit is key to Newtown, we are looking for people to join our team who are flexible in their teaching approach and willing to try something new. Working at Newtown will provide you with new opportunities to teach across the age range from year 3 to 13.
- We are a forward thinking school who wholeheartedly embrace ICT as a tool to support positive learning outcomes. We employ many E- learning platforms and a variety of technology to enhance the learning experience of our students.
Focus Learning Trust was established as a registered charity in 2003 for the advancement of education, primarily providing leadership and support to its network of 23 UK, non-selective, independent schools which are registered as schools with a religious character, following the national curriculum.
We are part of the OneSchool Global network – one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods.
In April 2019, the entire OneSchool entity rebranded globally, hence our new look and our name change from Focus School to OneSchool Global UK. This better reflects our teaching and learning strategy and makes us truly one global school.
Campus Principal: Mrs Rebecca Midwinter
Number of Campus Staff: 13
Number of Students: 56
Vision & Values:
“A global education ecosystem that develops life-ready students who learn how to learn.”
In coming to this school each student, parent and staff member shall uphold the values of the School:
- Integrity - uprightness and honesty;
- Care and Compassion – kindness, consideration and generosity to the whole community;
- Respect – for all people, property, opinions and those in authority;
- Responsibility – for our actions, progress and the environment;
- Commitment – to self-discipline and the pursuit of excellence.
Our Campus Prospectus and latest Inspection Report can be downloaded from the links lower down the page.
View our image gallery below:
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes' Fair Recruitment Policy.