Are you an inspirational and confident leader who has the focus and motivation to inspire our children and staff?
We are seeking to appoint a highly skilled leader who is passionate about creating an exceptional school experience for our children as well as being driven to raise standards.
Necton Church of England VA Primary School is a rural village school that requires improvement (Ofsted November 2017). It is a very popular school with 199 children currently on roll (maximum capacity 210) and has a strong, committed staff team with enthusiastic, well-motivated pupils. The partnership of staff, pupils, parents/carers and the governing body is united in its vision to provide an innovative and creative curriculum, both inside and outside the classroom, where all our pupils are nurtured and inspired to achieve their full potential.
Governors see this as an exciting challenge for an enthusiastic, experienced, skilful leader and they are eager to appoint someone who has a proven track record of:
- Outstanding leadership and management skills, including resource management
- Effectively providing for pupils with additional learning needs
- Embedding clear vision and high expectations for school improvement
- Displaying a solid understanding of the skills curriculum reform and staff development
- Maintaining a positive attitude to innovation and change
- Demonstrating a strong commitment to work closely with governors, parents and the wider community
- Displaying a strong commitment to pupil and staff wellbeing
- The ability to motivate and empower others
- Excellent classroom practice
Combined with the following attributes:
- Ability to embrace and embed the Christian ethos throughout our school
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills
- Firm but fair approach in all aspects of the role to raise standards.
- Passion, commitment and dedication
- Creativity and Innovation
- Honesty and integrity
- Sense of humour
The Board of Governors will provide solid ongoing support and the successful candidate will need to demonstrate a strong commitment to working closely with the governors providing high quality leadership and the best possible education for the children.
We would encourage candidates to visit the school on an informal basis to appreciate the school and it’s potential. To arrange a visit, please contact our school secretary Mrs Joanne Oxborough - Direct Dial: Tel: 01760 722975, Fax: 01760 720992 or Email: email@example.com
All candidates will need to be able to communicate effectively in English both orally and in writing in order to undertake the requirements of the role.
If you feel you are the perfect fit to lead our school and continue our journey of improvement then please apply by stated closing date above.
How to Apply
Further information and the online application form can be accessed by visiting www.educationjobfinder.org.uk
Closing date: 17 June 2018
Shortlisting date: 25 June 2018
Interview dates: 3 & 4 July 2018
We are legally obliged to ask you to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. If you are invited to interview, you will be asked to provide appropriate documentation, such as your full birth certificate/passport/work permit in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act (1996).
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and a comprehensive screening process will be undertaken on all applicants. This will include an enhanced check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) 2009 Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.