Are you an enthusiastic, student-centred, aspirational leader who is committed to inspiring and supporting learners, staff and the wider school community to build on the successes of a large secondary school? Our students and staff are looking for a Head of School who is an inspirational and strong leader, who is warm and considerate but is also strong and willing to stand up for the best interests of both students and staff.
About our school:
Cheney School is a popular, high-performing school in the heart of Oxford serving a diverse community of students who are eager to learn and to be challenged. View our last Ofsted inspection report here: Ofsted Report
During the school day students are provided with a dynamic learning environment which is enriched by the talents, skills and expertise of all our staff, parents and the local community. Outside the school day, we provide a wide range of co-curricular activities including numerous sports and creative arts clubs.
What will you bring to our staff team?
- The experience and ability to lead, inspire and challenge a skilled and committed staff team to deliver outstanding outcomes for the students at Cheney School;
- Ongoing development of a challenging and supportive climate for learning where every student can achieve their true potential;
- The knowledge and skills to identify and meet diverse student needs in varied, creative and innovative ways;
- Knowledge, skills and strategies to further develop good and outstanding teaching for the benefit of all students;
- Commitment to promoting the vision and values of the school so that all feel valued as individuals and can contribute to creating a community which honours all people.
In return, we can offer you:
- A great opportunity to lead a dynamic, diverse and large secondary school;
- Students with positive attitudes to learning, who are hard-working, caring and proud to attend their school;
- The support of dedicated and caring school colleagues and a governing body committed to delivering the very best for students;
- A salary reflecting both your experience and the size of the school;
- The support of a strong and skilled administrative support team;
- Membership of a comprehensive Healthcare Benefits Plan.
To discuss the role further please contact Jolie Kirby, CEO, at: JKI@csat.academy or on: 07365275 554. Pre-interview visits to Cheney School are very much encouraged. To arrange a visit please contact Lisa Adams, HR Assistant, at: email@example.com
How to Apply:
Please complete our online application form. This will open in a new window.
If you have any questions about the application form or the recruitment process do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 8am, Monday 30 March 2020
Shortlisting will take place on Monday 30 March 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be informed of the range of activities that will form the selection process in advance of their interview.
Interviews: There will be an assessment day on Thursday 2 April 2020 followed by interviews in the morning on Friday 3 April 2020.
In light of the current circumstances, and in-line with Government guidelines, we intend to continue with the recruitment process for the role of Head of Cheney School but with some alterations:
- The deadline for applications will remain 8am on Monday, 30 March;
- Shortlisting will take place on 30 March, with those short-listed receiving an email with a set of paper based tasks they will be asked to complete and email back by 4pm on Wednesday, 1 April;
- An online Student Panel Interview with sixth formers at the school will take place on Thursday, 2 April;
- An online interview with the recruitment panel will take place on Friday, 3 April.
The Community Schools Alliance Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check before taking up the post, along with pre-employment safeguarding checks.