Kings Norton Girls’ School is seeking to appoint a Headteacher to lead the school through its next stage of development and to build on the current high academic and wider successes. The next Headteacher will have the vision, experience and skills to build on the school’s many strengths and to identify the critical areas for further improvement.
Kings Norton Girls’ School is a highly successful 11-18 comprehensive standalone academy with an excellent reputation in the local area and beyond. Our overall Progress 8 figure for 2017 (provisional) is in the top 4% nationally.
The vacancy arises due to the retirement of the current Headteacher.
The Governors are looking for a Headteacher who:
- Has a deep understanding of teaching and learning and the skills to lead adults and students to the highest possible outcomes for all.
- Has outstanding people skills, able to inspire and motivate all stakeholders.
- Has a proven track record of leading successful change at whole school level.
- Understands the current national context including that of Post 16 education and can identify the opportunities and plan strategically to seize them.
- Understands and supports the ethos of the school including that associated with our status as a girls’ school (11-16)
- Is committed to developing our school in partnership with our local educational and social communities.
In return, we can offer:
- A dedicated, talented staff who are committed to the ongoing development of the school.
- Students who love their school and want to succeed academically and socially.
- A dynamic Governing Body that will support and challenge you in equal measure.
- A commitment to your own on-going development by providing opportunities for professional development.
The Governing Body is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share in the commitment. This appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and positive references.
The closing date for applications is 23.59 on Sunday 18th February 2018 . Details about the Application Process are contained in the Headteacher Pack, including dates for initial visits.
Kings Norton Girls’ School and Sixth Form, Selly Oak Road, Kings Norton, B30 1NE www.kngs.co.uk: 0121 675 1305
OPENING A WORLD OF OPPORTUNITIES