Alexandra Park Junior School is a large and very successful junior school. The school is popular and oversubscribed. The vast majority of pupils are from ethnic minority backgrounds and the proportion of pupils who are eligible for pupil premium funding is well above the national average. Alexandra Park is the epitome of an inclusive school and is currently rated as requires improvement by Ofsted
This vacancy occurs as a result of the retirement of a very long serving and successful Headteacher, governors are looking for a Headteacher, who will continue to develop all aspects of the school including teaching and learning, governance, pupil outcomes and staff performance, whilst ensuring that the school, notwithstanding its size, remains inclusive and supportive of all members of its community.
It is essential that the Headteacher is a role model, whose ability and approach to headship inspires and motivates a very able and committed staff team.
The ideal candidate will:
- be an inspirational leader, manager and team player, able to develop and articulate a clear vision for the future of the school;
- inspire all members of the school community to flourish in their roles ensuring that Alexandra Park continues to be fully inclusive for all learners;
- be approachable, reflective, forward thinking, have high expectations and the ability to ensure positive outcomes for our children;
- have the ability to develop strong relationships with parents, governors, external agencies and build on our history of collaborative working
- have a record of successfully implementing initiatives to raise standards;
- have experience of analysing and using school performance data to inform targeted interventions
- have the ability to understand the importance of school self-evaluation and current Ofsted inspection process;
- demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- have had recent successful experience as Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher in a multicultural environment
Our school has:
- a very able, enthusiastic and committed staff, who put the needs of the child at the centre of everything they do
- a well-resourced learning environment;
- a stable and experienced Governing Body , who have a high regard for the school;
We would urge candidates to visit the School prior to making an application so that we can answer questions you may have. If you would like further information or to arrange a school visit please telephone Fiona Liddy on: 0161 770 8321
You can apply for this post online at https://www.greater.jobs/search-and-apply/job-details/HT/OL-14271/ where you can obtain additional information regarding the post. For further information about the school please visit the school’s website at www.alexandrapark.oldham.sch.uk
Further information about what Oldham has to offer can be found on www.oldham.co.uk
The school is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and operates a strict Safeguarding Policy, with procedures being rigorously and consistently applied.
Closing date: 9th March 2018
Shortlisting: 13th March 2018
Interview: 20th and 21st March 2018
This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will require you to disclose all criminal convictions.
Alexander Park Junior School
Alexandra Park Junior Schoolbrook Lane