Start date: 1st September 2018
Leadership Pay: Group 3 L18 – L24
Location: Trinity Anglican Methodist Primary School, Portishead
Contract Type: Full Time
Contract Terms: Permanent
The Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust and the school’s Local Governors are seeking to appoint an inspirational and innovative Headteacher for Trinity Anglican Methodist School who shares the Schools and wider organisational vision and values.
Trinity Anglican Methodist Primary School joined the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust in March 2016. There are a total of 450 pupils within the school (Reception – Year 6) with a nursery that serves the local community in Portishead.
The school opened in September 2008 and will soon be celebrating its 10th birthday later this year.
The Ofsted inspection in 2013 deemed the school to be Good. We are extremely proud that our last SIAMS inspection in January 2015 judged the school to be Outstanding.
We are looking for a dynamic, caring and dedicated professional, who has demonstrated a flair for leadership and will relish the challenge of innovating and building on the success and reputation of our ‘good’ school.
We are looking for a Headteacher who will help us on our journey, building on our successes by:
· Inspiring, motivating and leading the school community
· Creating a culture of excellence that permeates every class, subject & curriculum inspiring a lifelong passion for learning
· Showing passion for the provision of an exciting, safe and nurturing learning environment
· Demonstrating an empathy for and understanding of our Church school distinctiveness
· Delivering strong management and leadership whilst maintaining support and encouragement to staff and children alike
· Leading innovation and further drive our journey to become an Outstanding school
· Providing strong spiritual leadership within the Christian ethos of our school
We can offer you in return:
· Talented, educated, creative and forward looking staff
· An uplifting and happy school where children and staff work together to achieve success
· A focus driven staff team who are committed to caring for the children and promoting a love of life-long learning
· Children who are motivated towards learning
· Children involved in a growing, vibrant town
· A strong culture of collaboration with schools both locally and within the Bath & Wells Multi Academy Trust
· A strong Christian ethos
· A close partnership with the Methodist and Anglican Churches in Portishead
· A school that serves the local community and has strong relationships with local organisations
· A lovely building
· Supportive parents and very active PTA
· An engaged and supportive Local Governing Body
· Support from the BWMAT through the local hub networks.
· Portishead is a vibrant and growing town situated near the city of Bristol. It has easy access to the motorway and yet is located in beautiful countryside and on the coast.
To request an application pack please either contact Mrs Avril Steel, 01275 397710, email: email@example.com. Or pick up on either of these websites.
Visits to the School
Candidates are invited to contact the school and arrange to visit and meet with the Chair of Governors (Brian Hunt) and School Bursar (Avril Steel). If you would like to arrange this please book an appointment via phone 01275 397710 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates for visits: Thursday 11th January
Tuesday 16th January or Monday 22nd January 2018 at 2.30pm
Benefits of working for the Bath & Wells MAT include; a generous pension scheme, enhanced sickness, an employee discount scheme, a supportive employer and working environment,, excellent CPD opportunities, enhanced and parental benefits.
The Bath & Wells MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and all relevant pre-employment checks.
Application forms should be accompanied by a full letter of application and sent to the school office by post or email the School Bursar – email@example.com
Closing date: 12 noon on Wednesday 31st January 2018
Interview dates: Monday 5th & Tuesday 6th March 2018
If you are shortlisted on the end of Day 1, you will be invited to an interview on Day 2.
This post will commence: 1st September 2018