St Matthew's school is a two form entry primary school currently with over 460 pupils on roll within our primary school and nursery departments. It is a Church of England school within the Diocese of Blackburn and has strong links with St Matthew's Church, located next door.
The school serves a community in an area of the city of Preston that is rich in its cultural diversity. Over 80% of our roll has an Asian heritage with an increasing number of children coming from Eastern European families. Over 60% of our children have English as an additional language and the school employs a number of staff to support English language acquisition and development. The catchment contains some areas of high deprivation.
The school has been at the centre of this community for over 100 years and is rightly proud of its heritage and tradition. It is a happy inclusive school, committed to providing the best education for every child.
The governors, staff and children of St Matthew's Church of England Primary School are seeking to recruit an exceptional Headteacher to join and lead our multi-ethnic inner city school for 1 September 2018 or earlier if possible.
We are looking for an inspirational Headteacher who:
- is a committed Christian and can promote the Christian ethos within our school and its wider community;
- is an experienced leader;
- has high expectations and will inspire, challenge and encourage staff to achieve the best outcomes or themselves and our pupils, enabling them all to reach their full potential;
- is enthusiastic, nurturing and capable of making a real and lasting difference to our school;
- is innovative and will build on the forward thinking and progressive vision for school improvement through drive, ambition and creativity;
- is an excellent communicator, who will work with all staff, pupils, parents, governors, diocesan officers and the wider community;
- has a positive 'can do' approach to challenge.
We can offer you:
- a Christian school in a warm and welcoming multi-ethnic environment with happy children who are proud of their school and its varied traditions and with strong links with the church community;
- a highly professional and dedicated staff as well as a supportive governing body fully committed to the on-going development of the whole school;
- a school which prides itself in maintaining strong relationships with staff, parents, our parish, our diocese and the wider community;
- a school that recognises the benefits and actively encourages close working partnerships with local cluster schools.
Our children would like someone who is:
- kind, thoughtful and helpful
- firm but fair
- has a good sense of humour
- respects and celebrates their achievements and traditions.
Shortlisting date: 17 January 2018.
You are strongly encouraged to visit the school on an informal basis. Please contact the school office on 01772 794482 to arrange a visit.
Please note that all applications must be completed on the Blackburn Diocese Application Form. Please contact the school office on 01772 794482 to arrange a visit.
The post you are applying for is covered by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exceptions) Act 1975. If successful you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service for a 'disclosure'.
Interview date: 26 January 2018.
Application forms can be downloaded online or can be requested from/returnable to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Rehabilitation of offenders Act 1974 - details of any criminal record spent or unspent should be sent to the chair of governors at school address by the closing date.
Closing date: 10 January 2018 at 12 noon.