Due to the retirement of our highly valued Headteacher, we are seeking to appoint an exceptional and inspirational leader for our happy and successful school.
Our new Headteacher should:
- be confident, clever and articulate
- have a clear view of the purpose of primary education and how to deliver it
- understand the management of a range of staff
- be able to establish an authentic rapport with children
- be able to project authority with confidence and knowledge
- be able to continue to balance the curriculum to meet the needs of Ofsted, whilst continuing to offer a broad curriculum which works alongside the ethos of the school
- be able to balance resources efficiently and effectively in a way that maximises performance and ensures the financial sustainability of the school.
We will offer:
- a welcoming and happy environment in which pupils have a positive attitude towards school and learning
- a talented and supportive staff which strives for continuous improvement
- an enthusiastic and supportive governing body
- a very positive and caring school ethos for ‘Growing Good People’
- the opportunity to develop our commitment to distributed leadership and management
- the opportunity to work in partnership with other Headteachers through the North Reading Schools Partnership
- the opportunity to actively engage in your continued professional development
- exceptional grounds for sporting activities and an excellent outdoor learning facility.
If you believe that you are the person who can lead us to further success, we welcome your application. Please call us to arrange a visit so that you can experience our ethos first-hand. Contact Mrs Perry in the School Office on 0118 9375560.
Further details and an application pack are available from our website, www.hill.reading.sch.uk or by email request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 25 January 2019
Shortlisting: Friday 1 February 2019
Interviews: w/c 11 February 2019 – dates to be confirmed
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS Disclosure will be sought from the successful candidate.