Required for September 2019
Leadership Scale 33 – 39 (£87,732 - £101,573)
The Governing Board is seeking to appoint a new Headteacher with the vision, energy and dynamism to inspire the whole school community. We welcome applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate the professional and personal attributes required to take the school forward towards even greater success.
Denefield School is a popular, oversubscribed, inclusive and successful standalone academy providing high quality education to over 1,100 students aged 11 to 18. The school is set in a modern enhanced environment offering excellent facilities and has been recognised by Ofsted as a consistently ‘Good’ school (February 2018).
We are proud of our caring and distinctive ethos based on our ‘CHARACTER’ values and a belief that every student has the potential to succeed. Our strap line, ‘Enabling potential, expecting the best’ is at the heart of the school’s work. We strive to equip our students with the skills, academic qualifications and personal attributes to thrive in the modern world.
You will need to be an experienced and exceptional leader who:
- has a proven track record of effective leadership and inspirational practice
- understands what great teaching looks like to ensure that learning stretches, inspires and challenges students
- can motivate and inspire staff to be excellent and reflective practitioners to ensure every learner has the very best opportunities to succeed along their individually chosen pathway
- is fully committed to providing a safe, caring and inclusive environment for all
- has excellent communication skills, emotional intelligence, resilience and tenacity and is committed to promoting the wellbeing of staff and students
- has a flair for working in partnership with key stakeholders and the wider community.
We can offer:
- enthusiastic, friendly and engaged students who are keen to learn
- a talented and dedicated hardworking team of staff
- an experienced, involved and supportive Governing Board
- a distinctive and caring ethos based on a set of CHARACTER Values
- a well-cared for grounds set in pleasant surroundings
- an able senior leadership team
- a healthy and well managed budget
- a community of supportive families and external partners
- the opportunity to develop as a leader.
This is an exciting time for the right person to join us. If you like what you have read so far then we would like to hear from you. To find out more, please visit www.Denefield.org.uk or contact the Headteacher’s PA on 0118 972 8952. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed.
Denefield School is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. CVs will not be accepted. Denefield School is an equal opportunities employer and selects staff on merit, irrespective of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Closing date: 19 Nov 2018 at 9am
Interview dates: 6 and 7 December 2018