Roxton Voluntary Aided
Church of England Primary School
1st September 2018 (or sooner): Salary - Group 1 (L6-L12)
A secondment or fixed-term contract would be considered
Following the retirement of the Headteacher, the Governing Body and Diocese of St Albans Board of Education are seeking to appoint a successor who can build on the school's recent progress following a period of interim Headship and an Interim Executive Board (IEB). We are looking for an ambitious, energetic and enthusiastic candidate, with the motivation to take the school forward.
Roxton VA Church of England Primary School is located in the small rural village of Roxton on the outskirts of Bedford. As a Voluntary Aided Church School, we pride ourselves on what we have to offer our children; a caring and nurturing Christian environment, a stimulating and exciting curriculum, a range of outdoor learning resources and a dedicated team of staff committed to the pupils.
We have positive relationships between adults and our children that helps to promote a culture of respect and courtesy in the school. We always aim to start from 'where we are' and not 'where we think we should be', thus ensuring every child is given the best opportunities suited to them.
Governors invite applications from Head teachers and aspiring Head teachers who will:
- Provide clear and determined leadership, with the ability to nurture and inspire others
- Ensure standards are raised to be at least in line with national standards at Key Stage 2 and to accelerate the progress of boys
- Undertake thorough and robust evaluation to develop a school improvement plan that secures a 'Good' outcome at the next Ofsted and SIAMS inspections
- Continue to work with all staff to enhance their impact on learning and achievement
- Ensure that the needs of every child are met and that they are inspired to meet their true potential
- Ensure that the school has robust systems for safeguarding
- Develop and implement a Christian vision for education that reflects both the National Church of England and Diocesan Vision for Education
- Evaluate use, and impact, of Pupil Premium
There will be a teaching commitment.
What we can offer you:
- Excellent support from the Diocesan Board of Education and Bedford Borough Local Authority
- A good and supportive governing body
- A commitment to CPD
- Support and mentorship from an experienced Headteacher (a local or national leader of Education)
- Support and challenge from a Local Authority School Improvement Officer
- A fully comprehensive Induction Programme of support
- A school on a secure financial footing
- Enthusiastic and motivated children and staff
- A truly satisfying role
How to Apply
Please send a completed application form and a covering letter, as detailed in the letter from the Chair of the IEB.
Your covering letter should be no more than 2 sides of A4 point 11.