Do you have a passion for excellence in learning?
Do you lead with Christian values at the heart of your work?
If so, our school may be the right one for you! The Governing Body invites your application for the Headship of Sarum St Martin’s Church of England (Voluntary Aided) primary school, which is situated in the medieval city of Salisbury.
We are an energetic school where a passion for learning is instilled through creativity and British values. We have excellent facilities and we pride ourselves on our strong Christian ethos, as well as our great links and relationships with the local community and church.
The children are looking for a Headteacher who –
- is firm, fair and fun with a sense of humour
- values them and makes them feel safe.
- wants the very best for them and helps them to achieve it.
- will ‘help our community grow’ and is respectful of our church and the people in it.
- is hard working and wants the best for our school.
- can provide challenges for them and also keep the happy atmosphere going.
Staff and governors are looking for someone who –
- has imagination and high expectations of every child’s potential and behaviour, and is warm and caring in supporting the children towards their goals.
- is a committed Christian keen to lead in promoting the Christian and inclusive ethos of the school.
- has proven leadership and management skills in the primary sector and is able to lead us in developing a school-led nursery.
In return, we can offer you –
- an exciting professional opportunity, supported by an experienced and committed Governing Body.
- a caring and welcoming school serving a diverse local community, with an Outstanding SIAMS record.
- dedicated and experienced staff who work as a team
- extensive and attractive school buildings and grounds that are well maintained.
- support from the Diocese of Salisbury.
We welcome visits from prospective applicants and can offer the mornings of Fridays 11 and 18 January. Visits can be arranged by telephoning 01722 554300 or emailing email@example.com.
Applications will only be accepted on an application form- see link in Recruitment Pack attached; no CVs thank you. The closing date for applications is Friday 25 January 2019 (12noon). Interviews will be held on Tuesday 12 February.
St Martin’s CE (VA) Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought for shortlisted candidates prior to the interview date. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
We promote equality and diversity and therefore welcome applications regardless of gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or age.