The Governors are seeking a dynamic, inspirational and compassionate leader, who is committed to securing the highest standards of learning, teaching and leadership at the school.
Leventhorpe is a successful, oversubscribed Business and Enterprise Academy with keen and respectful learners. We were rated ‘Outstanding’ in all 5 categories by Ofsted in 2012. In June 2012, we were awarded National Support School status and we are also an accredited Teaching School, currently a partner in the Alban Teaching School Alliance. Leventhorpe is also the lead school for School-Centred Initial Teacher Training within the Bishop’s Stortford Educational Trust (BSET).
Our new Head will be joining us at an exciting time in our development when we are expanding our roll from 180 to 240 PAN due to demand for places at the school. To accommodate this increase, we are further developing our facilities to include a new state-of-the-art performing arts block alongside a brand-new science and sixth form block. These new facilities will represent a further £7M investment in the school. Previously, Leventhorpe has experienced an intensive capital build programme including sports facilities (sports hall, fitness suite, dance studio, all-weather pitch and floodlit tennis courts) and Learning Resource Centre.
Our new Head will willingly adopt the vision and ethos of Leventhorpe, but won’t be afraid to challenge and question the status quo. We are looking for someone who not only has the vision and professional qualities you would expect, but who is also approachable, empathetic and charismatic: someone who takes a genuine interest in our students and providing an inclusive education, which is at the heart of the community.
We can offer you:
- a highly supportive and ambitious Governing Body;
- a talented, committed and loyal Staff and Senior Leadership Team;
- enthusiastic and ambitious young people who are keen to learn;
- a well maintained and high-quality teaching and learning environment with an intensive capital build programme planned;
- a strong financial position;
- first-rate personal career development with high local and regional profile through our National Support School status and Teaching School work;
- subsidised Nuffield fitness gym membership;
- priority admission for children of staff after a qualifying period;
- an exciting location in Hertfordshire, close to the Hertfordshire/Essex border, with London, Cambridge, Chelmsford and Hertford all readily accessible. We are well-served by road and rail links and Stansted Airport.
For more information about the school, please visit www.leventhorpe.net
If the exciting opportunities provided by our Headteacher post in our very successful and growing school interest you, then we would like to meet and talk with you, and welcome your application.
We welcome daytime visits to experience the school at work, by appointment with Jackie Moodie, Clerk to the Governing Body. Please telephone 01279 603156 or email JCM@leventhorpe.net
Please apply to Wendy Shannon, HR Manager by letter and application form which can be found at: http://www.leventhorpe.net/information/career-opportunities.aspx
Applications can be sent by post, or by email to WAS@leventhorpe.net
Closing date: Noon on 22nd January 2018.
Leventhorpe is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A DBS disclosure is required for all successful applicants