NORTHUMBERLAND COUNTY COUNCIL
Scremerston First School
Scremerston, Berwick upon Tweed, TD15 2RB
Group 1, 4-9 First School of approximately 74 pupils
Individual School Range LPR7- LPR13 (£ 45,743- £52,930 per annum)
Required to begin from 1st May 2018.
Due to the impending retirement of our current Headteacher, the Governing Body of this thriving and popular First School are seeking to appoint a warm, inspirational and highly motivated Headteacher to lead the committed team of staff from 1st May 2018.
It is expected the role will carry a teaching commitment. Currently the headteacher teaches 0.2fte.
Our new Headteacher will be an enthusiastic, empathetic and inspiring leader with excellent communication skills. They will have:
- A clear vision for the future of this successful school
- An excellent understanding of, and the ability to implement and drive the essential qualities for effective teaching and learning.
- A strong commitment to ensuring the school remains at the heart of the community.
- The ability and willingness to involve and work with parents, carers, the local community and a range of professionals to support our children.
- The ability to strive for further excellence and be both creative and flexible in leading the school into the next stage of its development.
In return we offer you:
- Children who are motivated, well behaved and eager to learn and who are the focus of everything we do.
- An enthusiastic and dedicated team of staff.
- Supportive parents and carers.
- A strong and effective Governing Body, which is both supportive and challenging.
- Effective partnerships with other local schools.
The Ofsted Inspection report of March 2016 commented on ‘the good quality of education in the school; the warm, caring ethos of a school at the heart of its community; parents who appreciate how insightfully each child is know as an individual and pupils united in their opinion that their school is a safe and happy place’.
Visits to school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. Please contact Helen Harrison or Julia Bradbury at the school on 01289 307536 to arrange a suitable time.
Scremerston First School is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this post.
Application forms and further details obtainable by downloading an applicant's pack from the TES portal.
Completed forms must be submitted by noon on Friday 15th December 2017.
Shortlisting is scheduled for 18th December 2017 and interviews for 12th January 2018.
More details about the school can be found on their website at