This is an outstanding opportunity to join our pioneering Academy Trust. We are looking to appoint a dynamic and inspirational Headteacher with senior leadership experience to drive Birley Spa Primary Academy onto the next stage of its journey.
At the heart of our Trust is the development of outstanding leaders. We empower individuals in our schools to provide the highest quality education, enabling every pupil to realise their full potential including those accessing education in our integrated resource unit for children with additional needs.
We believe that our pupils deserve the best life chances; we are committed to providing an excellent education that raises aspirations, elevates expectations and drives forward achievement. Our children are encouraged to be their best, develop their interests and talents and become caring, considerate members of the wider community. We passionately believe in the importance of working in partnership with our staff, parents, pupils and the local community to act as a catalyst for ensuring all our children receive an exceptional education.
The successful candidate will:
- Develop and apply their vision for Birley Spa Primary Academy
- Determine, implement and monitor the quality of teaching and learning across the academy
- Ensure the efficient and effective deployment of staff and resources
- Hold accountability for the performance of Birley Spa Primary Academy
- Lead, empower and drive staff to achieve success
We are searching for an individual who:
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of what constitutes excellent learning from creative concepts to practical application
- Holds a track record in raising teaching standards, ensuring progression and attainment for all pupils with a desire to embed a culture of continuous development for all
- Possesses extensive interpersonal skills to create and effectively communicate the academy vision to all key stakeholders
- Demonstrates a commitment to providing an inclusive environment for children with SEN requirements
- Is a great teacher – as a leader of teaching, we are searching for an individual who understands what great learning looks like in the classroom and recognises how to achieve it
- Inspires, motivates, empowers and leads all to achieve
Birley Spa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We require the successful applicant to undertake an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure & Barring Service. Please visit the school website to view our safeguarding policy.
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Davinia Helliwell, School Manager, on 0114 2399106.
Completed applications forms, and any queries about the recruitment process, should be addressed to Scott Glover at email@example.com or by phoning 0776 6773682.
Please ensure you use the L.E.A.D. application form attached.
Closing date: 12 noon Tuesday 3rd July 2018
Assessment centre: Tuesday 10th July 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 11th July 2018
Birley Spa Primary Academy
Group size 3 NOR 430
A L.E.A.D. Academy
Jermyn Street, Hackenthorpe, Sheffield, S12 4QE
Tel: 0114 2399106