Shoeburyness High School
Academy School, member of The Southend East Community Academy Trust (SECAT).
With the retirement of our current Headteacher, we are looking to appoint a dynamic and motivated new Headteacher who will continue to build on the success of our well respected, oversubscribed school with a vision that embraces our inclusive values and puts each pupil at the centre of all that we do.
Shoeburyness High School is a 1,700 pupil secondary school, for pupils aged from 11 to 18 years. We have an ethos of positivity and high aspiration. Everything we do is focused on learning which is underpinned by engagement, high expectations and opportunity.
We are extremely proud of our well developed pathways and provision which support our unique learners. These include a Learning Resource Base, grammar selective stream (The M* Pathway), and well established pastoral and career support systems.
On the 1st September 2016 we joined with the majority of the primary schools in the Shoeburyness community to form SECAT, our aspiration is to be recognised as the most outstanding MAT nationally. As such, we embrace close collaborative working.
- would thrive on the challenge of leading the school on its journey to future successes;
- have proven leadership and management skills, either as an existing Headteacher or as someone looking for their first headship role;
- will develop a clear vision of excellence for our school whilst delivering the MAT ambitions;
- can strategically manage change by building on the firm foundations laid by the current leadership team;
- are an excellent communicator and motivator who works inclusively and cohesively with pupils, staff, parents, governors and the wider school community.
Shoeburyness High School can offer you:
- a welcoming, safe and community-minded school;
- supportive and dedicated staff who are passionate about 'the Shoeburyness High School' philosophy;
- pupils from different backgrounds, with different abilities and talents, but who engage enthusiastically with their learning;
- strong support from the local governing body, along with well-established links with our feeder and other schools, both within and outside the MAT;
- engaged parents and carers who want the very best for their children;
- the opportunity to work strategically to develop your leadership skills, within the school and across the MAT.
Visits to our school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Sue Robinson on 01702 292286 or e-mail email@example.com
For an application pack please email HTRecruitment@southend.gov.uk or call 01702 215456.
School Visits 6th, 8th, 13th and 15th December 2017
Closing date for applications 3rd January 2018 (Midday)
Interview and Assessment days 25th and 26th January 2018
Shoeburyness High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Following safer recruitment procedures, this appointment will be subject to pre-employment checks; a medical check and an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service. Shoeburyness High School is an equal opportunities employer.