A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an inspirational and committed individual to lead St Nicholas School and to build on the achievements of the current Head who is about to retire.
St Nicholas School is an 11 – 16 MLD, SPLD and associated SEMH needs special school which became part of a co-operative multi-academy trust (MAT) with three other special schools in Southend in September 2017. As such, partnership working is key to the School’s success.
- have the abilities to lead an improving special school and continue its journey from a Good OFSTED towards Outstanding
- have strong leadership and management skills either as an existing Head or as someone looking for their first headship role
- will develop a clear vision of excellence for the School within the MAT
- can strategically manage change by building on the firm foundations laid by the current leadership team
- are committed to providing outstanding pastoral care whilst promoting excellent attitudes to learning
We can offer you:
- a vibrant, caring and welcoming school
- a lively, stimulating and rich learning environment
- a school where everyone is valued, secure and has a sense of belonging
- interesting young people, some of whom have had a challenging journey so far
- a passionate and dedicated team of staff and Governors
- the opportunity to work strategically to develop your leadership skills, within the School and across the MAT
To arrange a visit or if you have any questions, please contact Mrs R. Martin firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01702 462322.
Application packs can be downloaded from St Nicholas School’s website: http://www.stnicholas-school.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 16th February 2018
Interviews: 1st & 2nd March 2018
St Nicholas School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All posts are subject to pre-employment checks; references will be sought and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.