The Samuel Ward Academy Trust and local governing body seek an outstanding Headteacher for Samuel Ward Academy, the founder school of the Samuel Ward Academy Trust.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a school within one of the most well-regarded trusts in the eastern region. The school has a great history of success and a bright and exciting future, and we are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic leader to steer it through the next stage of its development.
Collaboration, educational research and professional development are at the core of how the schools within Samuel Ward Academy Trust work together. With newly acquired Research School status, the trust is well placed to provide great opportunities, both to promote Samuel Ward Academy as a leading school as well as giving you effective support to develop you personally as an outstanding leader.
- have recent, successful experience at Headteacher or Deputy Headteacher level
- put the safety, wellbeing and development of every child at the core of every decision taken
- be able to inspire and lead by example with enthusiasm and creativity
- be highly aspirational, forward thinking and an outstanding communicator
- be able to evidence sustained school improvement and be committed to raising standards
- be a highly effective practitioner in your own right, confident and effective in leading on the use of monitoring and assessment data to drive further improvement in pupil outcomes
- be committed to empowering and challenging children and staff to fulfil their potential, including through the provision of high-quality professional development.
We can offer you:
- engaged, creative and welcoming learners who take pride in their school
- an inclusive and collaborative approach
- a talented, highly motivated, committed and friendly team of colleagues, passionate about improving outcomes for our pupils
- an engaged and supportive governing body and trust
- partnerships with local schools to enhance and develop further the learning opportunities for all children within the locality.
If you would like further information about the trust and a conversation in confidence, please contact Rosemary Prince, Director of Secondary Education for the Trust on (01440) 333400 or email: email@example.com
Visits are highly encouraged. If you would like to arrange a visit to see the school, or for an application pack, please contact Lisa Taylor on (01440) 333400 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 5pm, 21 June 2018.
Interview date: 28 / 29 June 2018.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) which will requir you to disclose any criminal convictions.