'A place to learn and achieve'
The governing body are seeking to recruit an inspirational and dedicated Headteacher to lead our well regarded and caring school.
Capel St Mary CEVC Primary School is a popular village school on a large site close to the Dedham Vale AONB south of Ipswich. We have an effective team of enthusiastic and dedicated staff, supportive parents and, most importantly, confident and well-motivated children. We have clear values, excellent behaviour and attendance, and a strong Christian ethos.
We are looking for a Headteacher who is able to:
- lead and inspire our children and staff to continue to develop a school culture that is aspirational and organised, so that teachers can teach and children can learn; demonstrating the highest expectations
- inspire and motivate pupils and staff to achieve their full potential
- demonstrate a track record of raising standards
- have a clear vision for continuous improvement and build on the school's strengths and successes
- demonstrate proven leadership and management skills to lead on school improvements
- ensure good financial planning and practice, and make sure that the premises and equipment are fit for purpose
- cultivate a team working approach throughout the school and communicate regularly with children, parents / carers, staff and governors about the school's performance and progress
- collaborate with other schools to ensure best practice, generate opportunities and maximise the benefit of available resources
- show courage, good humour, confidence and resilience
- show commitment to the Christian ethos of the school.
To find out more about our school and to read our most recent Ofsted and SIAMS inspection reports, please visit our website: www.capel-st-mary.suffolk.sch.uk
We encourage visits to the school prior to your application (w/c 10 September). Please contact the school office on (01473) 310386 to arrange a mutually convenient time.
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact Alison Huard, Chair of Governors on (01473) 311885.
For further details and an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (01473) 263943.
Closing date: midday, 17 September 2018.
Interview dates: 25 / 26 September 2018.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.