*£77,613 - £89,900
The Bridge Special School is a popular school educating children and young people between the ages of 3 - 16 who have a wide range of communication, physical, and profound and multiple learning difficulties. Many of the pupils are on the Autistic Spectrum.
The school serves a catchment area that covers Ipswich and surrounding areas of Suffolk. The whole school is based on one campus, with the nursery and primary building being constructed and opened in 2015 and the construction of a new, purpose-built secondary unit planned for this year.
The school has good links with the local community, and also provides extended services for its pupils in the form of an After School and Holiday Club.
The Interim Executive Board (IEB) are looking for applications from candidates with:
- proven leadership and management skills, including strong financial management
- a commitment to delivering continuous improvement in all aspects of school life
- an ability to analyse and evaluate data in order to ensure pupils are achieving their best
- dedication, innovation and imagination so as to extend the many strengths of the school and engage in future educational opportunities.
If you have these qualities and would welcome the challenge of managing The Bridge School, we would like to hear from you.
The Bridge is currently the subject of an Academy Order and is expected to convert within the new academic year.
Unity Schools' Partnership is working with the school and will work with the IEB on this appointment. The trust has an outstanding special school and has been approved to open a new special school in Ipswich in 2020. It has a strong track record of overseeing schools in special measures improve rapidly through close support for school leaders and their staff.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to shape the next chapter in the school's history in a new secondary building
- considerable leadership support from the Academy Trust
- a strong commitment to your professional development.
* Salary negotiable.
Please visit our website: www.thebridgeschool.org.uk
Visits to the school are actively encouraged, we look forward to welcoming you. Please contact Tony Dickens, the Interim Headteacher on (01473) 556200 to arrange.
For an informal conversation, please contact Tim Coulson, Chief Executive of Unity Schools' Partnership on 07388 949917.
For an application pack, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: email@example.com or (01473) 263943.
Closing date: 9am, 24 September 2018.
Interview dates: 27 / 28 September 2018.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts. Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.
The Bridge Special School