Debenham Primary School is a delightful Church of England school, at the heart of a rural community in the beautiful Suffolk village of Debenham. A short drive from the stunning Suffolk coast, the school is within easy reach of Ipswich, Bury St. Edmunds and Norwich. We are a voluntary aided local authority maintained school. The school buildings are mostly Victorian, set in extensive playing fields, surrounded by trees on the banks of the river Deben.
We are seeking a Headteacher who will continue to offer a value-based grounding to all pupils, via a distinct Christian ethos, strong leadership and the vision to fulfil the 'outstanding' potential of our school. We need a firm commitment to school improvement and a proven track record of raising standards for all pupils.
You will ensure that the children receive the best creative, academic, spiritual, social and cultural education, to produce well-rounded young people who have a zest for learning.
You will join a team of experienced and dedicated staff, and will be supported by governors, parents, children, and the whole community.
The governors would like to appoint someone who can:
- show a strong commitment to Christian values and moral purpose
- lead by example to build on the successes of the school
- create an ethos within which all staff are motivated and supported
- show sound judgement in strategic, curriculum-led budget planning
- develop high standards of individual pupil and school achievement
- promote an ethos in which children take ownership of responsibility for
- learning, positive behaviour, personal development, and compassion for others, where they too, are motivated and supported
- continue and further develop, the close relationship with parents and the local community.
Visits to our school are encouraged and warmly welcomed. For an appointment, please contact the school office: School Corner, Debenham, Suffolk IP14 6PL. Tel: 01728 860201. Email: email@example.com
For an application form and further information about this post, please contact Headteacher Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on (01473) 263943.
Closing date: midday, 16 September 2019.
Interview dates: 24 / 25 September 2019.
All vacancies appear on: www.suffolkjobsdirect.org
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. DBS checks or police vetting will be required for relevant posts.
Suffolk County Council - welcoming diversity.